Wednesday, March 4, 2009

tuesday part 2

I got a lot done today.
Canceled my car insurance (as of the day after I leave).
Got the smog check done on the car after work.
Came home and polished silver for an hour and a half.
That was not how I wanted to spend my Tuesday evening, but the silver in the closet has been packed away for 11 years and desperately needed a polish. So I gave it a once over. It's not looking perfect (too much fancy scrollwork that needs a lot of time), but it looks much much better.
I called an antique store today and it's a co-op owned by 40 dealers or something, and the lady I spoke with told me that it's possible they would buy some of my things but I'd just have to bring them down and whoever was working that day would look at them. I'm hoping to go by tomorrow after work, as they're open til 6:30. That's why I was polishing the silver tonight.
I'll have a bunch of items to bring down and insha'Allah they will want to buy some things from me.

Also have an errand to do during work. There's a crystal store about 10 minutes from work and I'm hoping they'll buy some of my crystals from me. But the store closes fairly early, so I think I'll have to go down during my lunch break or something.

Still need to go by the cabinet store to try to get a new slide stopper for one of the dresser drawers.

No comments: