Monday, March 16, 2009

Sale today from 9 til 1. More people came but still didn't sell anything big.
Salvation army will be here sometime between 7 am and 5 pm to haul most everything else away. Too bad I only claim standard deductions on my taxes.

Tomorrow will be busy. Two appointments scheduled. Need to pack up my stuff. Need to clean the apartment.
Dad is going in to my old workplace to borrow a van to haul the couple of things that we'll put in storage.
We should go by the bank but that might happen Tuesday, we'll see.

Still alot to do tonight. Have to finish packing everything up since I don't know if the Salvation Army will be here at 7 am or sometime later in the day. And I can't wait til later to finish getting everything ready for them to take.
Mom and dad did a big bunch of packing all the kitchen stuff up so that was nice and saved me some time.

Tired.
Not ready.
Time moving too fast.

2 comments:

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

As I've been reading I am amazed at all you're accomplishing in such a short time. I've also been thinking about my house/things and what I would keep/get rid of if I were doing the same thing. I've been paring down what I have a lot over the last year and some is very easy to get rid of - things I don't use/wear anyway and which have no sentimental attachments, but to get it down to what would fit in a few suitcases - I'm not sure I could do it (and I realize at my age, there may come a time, sooner and not later, when I may have to do just that). I went to California in 1968 with only a suitcase that I carried on the plane, but back then I didn't have that much and all of my other 'things' stayed at my parents' house. I know what you're going to is far better than what you're leaving and well worth giving up a few familiar and comfortable things, but I am still amazed at what you've been able to accomplish in such a short time.
Jane

Shari said...

Thanks for the text msg letting us know that you arrived safely and that all was well. Jacob also called to pass that info on. We were just leaving Comcast when your msg came in. Took Doris and Shelley to lunch (their birthdays) today. Did a little shopping - am pooped now and Dad is taking a nap. I'll look for msgs on here from you until you get an email address. -- Love, Mom