Monday, March 9, 2009

Sunday evening

Well, still didn't sell any major pieces of furniture, but did a little better than yesterday. Still have a house full of stuff.
Going to have to have another sale next weekend, and during the week I'll have to check out consignment stores. My dad thinks they take 50% of the sale, which sucks. But I'm not sure what other options I'll have. Storage is just too expensive.
I did go down to the antique store today after my sale was over, but they don't really have any space for furniture right now, but they kept the pictures of stuff that I brought down and put my phone number with them and if anyone is interested they can call me.
I very possibly have found someone who will buy my car though, and that is a great weight off of my mind. He drove it today and liked it and said he will call me tomorrow and let me know. Insha'Allah he will buy it!

Parents are coming down Saturday and that should be a help. I'll have to start cleaning this week and then over the weekend.
My last day here at the apartment is the 17th.

3 comments:

Shari said...

Dad and I have already decided that anything you can't sell will be put into storage - at least for a while. We'll pay for it. Who knows...you might decide to come back and if you do, some of your things will still be there. I talked to Terri yesterday - things there are pretty much the same. Jonathan got to make an announcement over the P.A. system at school - he was so excited about that! Steve got a promotion and is now lead writer. His company is waiting for more funding; I hope they get it. -- Love, Mom

Shari said...

By the way, Dad is having back problems, so he probably won't be able to do much lifting. I hope you have some hefty friends lined up to help.

Melissa said...

That's nice about Jonathan. He's such a cutie pie.
And great news about Steve. If they pay that is. lol