Sunday, April 26, 2009

That long?

I have been here over 5 weeks now.
The last time I was here, I was only here for 5 weeks total, and I remember by week 3 I was getting pretty homesick. That was the longest I had ever been away from home before.

I can't say it's the same this time. I do miss my family and friends a lot, and I miss the foods I'm used to.
I miss some of the conveniences as well.
And clean air.

However, I asked God for so long to bring me to this place so that I could be with my husband, and after so much waiting (and rather impatiently at that I might add), I finally got my wish.

So, things missed or not, I am happy here, I am happy to be with my husband, I am happy to have the chance for this new experience and happy to learn a different way to live.

I just wish someone would hurry up with inventing the teleportation device so that I could visit with my friends and family that I miss.
I'm really missing my son so much. I wish I could just give him a huge hug.
Insha'Allah I will be able to visit within the year. We shall see.


We went to the City Stars mall yesterday.
Holy moly!!!
That place is ginormous!
I took some pictures to show you, but we're still at the folks house since Friday and I didn't bring my camera cable with me, so I can't transfer the pictures over to the computer.
It is indeed 5 floors.
Basically we walked around to see all the stores, but didn't actually go shopping in any of them.
And just that, without looking inside, took us 5 hours!
The layout of the mall was confusing as heck and they have a map they give out so you can figure where you are and where you've been, but it isn't as helpful as you might hope.
Next time we go insha'Allah, at least we will know what to expect.
All in all, it was nice.
There was a couple of stores I would like to go back and buy something from. Clothing stores of course.
We had lunch at Sbarro there, which was good.
They have so many restaurant/fast food chains here that are also in the States.
I think the mall had Burger King, KFC, Starbucks, Sbarro, Fuddruckers, Pizza Hut, Chilis, Cinnabon, Johnny Rockets, Ruby Tuesday, McDonalds, Pappa John's Pizza and TGI Fridays. Of course, lots of other restaurants in the mall that aren't American chain places. And of the places I just listed, I'm sure some of the food isn't exactly the same as in the States, though I'm sure there's many items that are.

I'll upload some videos to my youtube and put links when I get them up.
And I'll just put the pictures up here on this site.
I also took some pictures and videos while driving there and back, I'll have to see how they look on the computer to tell if they're any good. It's hard to tell by looking at them on the camera itself.

Mom just brought me some breakfast, which consists of bread products since my stomach has been yelling at me. Apparently I'm not allowed to drink water when my stomach is like this, only sprite. I think it's going to be a long day.
lol

No comments: