Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A gala affair

Well, no spectacular pictures or videos from the mall and drive there, but I'll post something up anyways. But probably tomorrow, as I've not gone through and re-sized things yet.

Swept the floor this morning. With a squeegee.
lol
In Egypt, all the bathroom floors are tile or something similar, and have drains in the floors. As you can imagine, it makes cleaning very easy, especially since all the bathrooms (majority anyways) have wall hoses as well.
So, you can hose off/clean the floor, then squeegee the water etc down the floor drain.
These are not the same size squeegee that you use for car windows, the length of the handle is like that of a broom handle, and the squeegee surface is wider across as well.
So, all in all, it works pretty well.
And that squeegee is what I used to "sweep" the floors of the apartment this morning.
We don't have a broom in here and the dust is just OUTRAGEOUS!!!
So I had to do something.
I figured the squeegee would work, and it did some sort of job, though not as well as a broom, and with much more effort I might add, but I am relatively happy when I see the pile of dust and dust bunnies that I've swept up.
And yes dad, that pile has been sitting for 8 hours now.
I'm not sure when it will get into a garbage bag. We don't have a floor swept picker upper tray thingy.
lol

When we were at the mall the other day, we went to the store Spinneys, which is a large grocery that also sells electronics and clothes and other things.
They have a much bigger selection of food items than the typical corner grocery, or even the other grocery that we visited a week or so ago.
While there, I managed to spy some gala apples, and my heart broke out in song!
Ah, the love of apples, how fine it is.
So, we got a package of six apples, and they have been waiting patiently in the fridge for me since we got back home yesterday.
After a late lunch today, I went and got one of the apples from the fridge, peeled it and sliced it in half, and proceeded to eat the larger half while giving the smaller half to hubby (he insisted, honest!).
It was sooooooo good!!!
I haven't had one in probably a couple of months and they are SO sweet and so delicious.
If you have never had a gala apple, I highly recommend them.
Amazing how food can make you feel yeah?
Alhamdulillah!

I believe we are going to some place tonight called Dary. Pronounced just like dairy. Which is what I kept thinking hubby was talking about going to.
I was thinking to myself, "There's a dairy down the street? And what do we need to go for?"
lol
But, no, this is some kind of all in one place, maybe a bit like Walmart but not exactly, but they are supposed to have stuff that you won't find in the normal stores here. I think. Just household stuffs.
I will report in after we've gone insha'Allah.

We ended up at the parents in law's place from Friday afternoon til Monday afternoon, which was fine. Quieter there and I have company while hubby is at work or out doing other errands and such.

When I said I wanted to give my son a ginormous hug and that I missed him so much, that wasn't to slight anyone else.
I miss you all and wish I could hug every single one of you.
=)

Love to you all.

No comments: