Friday, April 24, 2009

Chirp Chirp Chirp

At the in-laws today. That's the normal Friday thing I guess.

Had a nice lunch and a nice short nap afterwards.

Listening to the birds in the trees outside. Most of the birds stop chirping sometime during the night, but otherwise chirp all day long.
Most of the time I like it, but like anything else, it can get old after a while.

There were 3 weddings last night, and also there was a futbol (soccer) match between two of Egypt's teams, and so there was even more honking than usual last night on the street.
It was a very loud night.

Tomorrow we will go to City Stars mall insha'Allah.
I am looking forward to the shopping, though not so much the drive.
Hopefully traffic will be light.

It seems as though the time changed here, but I'm not positive. Family is saying it changed but there was some confusion as to if it would change during the night last night, or during the night next Thursday.

Very windy and cloudy today. It's nice but it makes me think of rain, and I'm fairly certain it won't rain.
Would be nice if it did though.

Cake tonight for father in law's birthday. They got a cake and some pastries from Royal Bakery, so we shall see how it is!

2 comments:

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

I was wondering about this nap thing. When I spent time in Spain, people went home for lunch and then had a nap, returning to work at 3 or 4 in the afternoon and working until 7 or 8 when they started thinking about dinner. Is it like that in Egypt? I know it was a hold-over from pre-airconditioned days. Another just wondering - don't they have window screens to keep the mosquitos out, especially if they are such a problem?
I'm finally posting the chicken curry recipe. I'll put it back on the chicken page, but wanted to mention it here so people could go back and find it of they were curious.
Jane

Melissa said...

Well, I can't speak for the whole country. I mean, the government jobs aren't like that, but maybe many of the privately owned business could be?
Ahmed does do that sometimes - comes home earlyish, we have lunch and he has a nap (sometimes me too!), and then later on he goes back to work. But lunch here is like 3 or 4 p.m., not noonish. I'm not sure if that's for everyone or just his family eats that late. as you can imagine, dinner is quite late as well, if eating lunch at 4.

I'm know they have window screens in some places, but not in any of the places I have stayed. I hope wherever we end up we'll have or get them! I got a bite on my left pinky knuckle that is itching like mad. lol

And thanks for the recipe! Will be some time before I can try it but I'll give it a go.