Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Some pictures

Well, nothing much to speak of so I'll just put up some pictures.
As with all of the images that I post, if you click on them, it should take you to a larger sized image.

The first shows our water heater in the bathroom. Cute.



Here is a picture of both a plug socket, and also the switch for the water heater. The switch on the right is for the water heater, and I had it switched on. After I took a shower, I turned it off, so it would show the green label like the one on the left side.



Next we have a grocery receipt from when we went to the store the other night. Good luck figuring out what we bought. lol
The prices are in Egyptian pounds, not dollars.



Here we have the view across the street when standing on the balcony. The large tanks on top of the buildings are where the water is stored.



And this is lunch from... yesterday? Chicken, cabbage, frozen veggies (better than no veggies at all), some flatbread and some onions that have lime and black pepper on them. The onions, eaten raw, are for the hubby. Raw onions would give me heartburn for ages upon ages. lol



I think that's it for today.
I had wanted to mention something interesting (amusing) that happened today, but I'm not sure what I'm allowed to talk about or not in terms of free speech here, so I'll just leave it for now.
Monkey says hello to everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So intrigued about your story! Interesting about free speech issues, that's something I'm curious about.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

I'll send you an email.

I'm really not sure about the bounds of free speech (which I always want to spell as peach for some reason) here, but I don't want to push it. If you google for something along the lines of "blogging in egypt free speech" you should be able to find something.
I know that you aren't supposed to take pictures of the airport, or government buildings? Or maybe it's bridges? In any case, better safe than sorry as far as I'm concerned. I'm not here to push any long held boundaries.