Monday, February 9, 2009

Went through some more drawers.

Tried to fix a couple of problems with my dresser drawers. Fixed one and didn't fix the other. I think I need a new piece of plastic to go on the end of the rail thingy.
I just think I might get more money for it when I sell it if it isn't broken eh?

Won't be getting a travel date for a couple more weeks yet. At that point we decide when I give my 30 days. So at least 6 or more weeks til the move. Which means I don't need to hustle quite as much as I thought I did.

Found out that I won't need to pay a fee to cancel my cell contract with Verizon since I'm moving out of their service area. When I was talking to the lady she asked where I was moving to and when I told her Egypt, she said that was definitely out of their coverage area and therefore I wasn't required to pay the cancellation fee. So, yippee for that.

I need to clean my car up a bit before selling it. And I keep forgetting to get new windshield wiper blades for it. Which would come in really handy when it's raining. Like now.

4 comments:

Shari said...

Clark shoes...hmmm, I've not heard of those. I buy mostly SAS because they're comfortable, but I'll look for Clark shoes next time I shop for shoes (which ain't very often). It sounds like you are getting a LOT done, sweetie. Dad and I will be coming down to stay for a few days before you leave (staying in the usual place)so we can spend time with you. I really choke up when I think of you being so far away, but knowing that you'll be happy to be with Ahmed makes me feel better.

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

Clarks are English. They've been around forever, but used to be 'sensible' rather than stylish. Lately they seem to have updated things. I like them because they come in wide width and most seem to have toes that are wide and not pointy and uncomfortable.
Jane

Melissa said...

I just find that they fit my feet like they were custom molded. Sooo comfy. That's for the clog type anyways, not sure about the other kinds.
They should have them in stores like Penny's and Macy's. That's where I found some in the mall, though not what I ended up buying.
Though you may have a Clark's store in Reno.
If you want, we can go to the one in Walnut Creek when you are down. It's in the Broadway Plaza area. Lots of nice stores there it would seem. I had never really been there before we went a couple weeks ago.

Shari said...

SAS shoes always come in a lot of widths and, like Clark shoes, they are built mainly for comfort. They're about the only shoes I can wear for any length of time...but now you both have me curious about the Clark brand. If we have time, Melis, I would like to check out that store in Walnut Creek.
Mom