Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well, Monday turned out to be a day of rest of sorts, since I didn't really get much accomplished towards the move. Only a few unproductive phone calls regarding passports and drivers licenses.

However, Tuesday (today) turned out to be an excellent day for getting things done, though not quite as productive for putting in hours at work. lol

I was supposed to have a dentist appointment this morning, but decided to cancel and try to go to the dmv instead to get a new license. Well, actually, I went online to the dmv site and was trying to make an appointment, since it's alot easier that way, no waiting when you get to the dmv. I checked the first appointment available, and saw the date as the 3rd (todays date) at 8:50 am. I thought, wow, perfect!!! So after I dropped Jake at school, I went to the dmv. I was there about 20 minutes early but figured I'd go in and just fill out the form and wait a bit. When I got to the counter, the lady asked how she could help me and I told her I had an appointment. She didn't see my name on the list and I gave her my confirmation number. She said it was for MARCH 3rd, not February 3rd. Oops. lol
I was doing the online appointment thing after having been awake 15 minutes and I guess I missed the month on the page.
She said I could go ahead anyways and fill out the form and just wait, so that's what I did.
Filled out the form. And waaaaaaaaited. Not as bad as some post offices I suppose, but 40 minutes was more than enough for having to wait there. However, I do have to say, it's a nice place to really get a feel for how extremely varied people are in just about every way possible. I try not to stare outright, but I really love people watching and that's just a great place to do it. :D
Anyways, they finally called my number and I went and handed in the paperwork, 22 dollars and they took my picture. New license should come in 3 to 4 weeks.

I decided that I really needed to get down to the post office and get my passport redone, because time is running short in terms of waiting weeks for things, however the local passport office didn't open til 10 am and they close at 3:30.
I told my boss this afternoon that I really needed to go get it done because of the time thing, so she said it was fine and I left work early to do that.
I had already filled in the form online and printed it out, so I didn't necessarily have to turn it in there, but I had some questions and I needed the picture taken anyways.
The lady in the passport office was totally great and answered all my questions. I'm going to mail it overnight and pay for overnight return delivery. The actual processing is running 3 to 4 weeks right now, so it should work out just fine.
We went into a back room to do the picture. After taking the first one, she asked me to look at the camera and see if I liked it and it was awful so she took it again. The second picture, from what I saw at first, seemed fine. Light smile and all that. The only problem is that my scarf was white and the background was white, so that looked a bit silly, but I said it was fine so she printed them out. When I actually saw them printed, I was like... ack! lol I guess the flash decided to bounce of what little of my forehead was visible below the line of my scarf, so it made it bright white there. The whole picture is a bit strange, but... I guess it will have to do. Or maybe I will go down to Walmart and get it redone. I haven't decided yet. Anyways, that is mostly taken care of, and the application should be mailed off within a day or so insha'Allah.

I've been trying to organize things a bit on the bookshelves since I got rid of most of my dvd's and vhs tapes. And wow I need to dust those spaces. lol

Tomorrow morning I have an eye doctor appointment to get my eyes checked before I move.
I'll need to order new contacts as well.
We'll see what I manage after I'm home from work. Maybe some luggage stuff but I'm not sure yet.

No comments: