Monday, February 2, 2009

Sunday part 2

Well, productive day. Managed to get done what I had intended, so that's very nice. :D

Before Jake and I left the house, we packed up all my old vinyl albums (oh, the memories!!!), the dvd's I didn't want to take with me to Egypt (which was most of them), my old cassette tapes and the VHS tapes as well.
We headed to the shoe store first since they closed earlier than the record store, and I knew it would take some time at the record store.
After we got to Walnut Creek and found the right street, we parked in a parking garage. Free, yay! And then when we went to find the shoe store, it wasn't where it was supposed to be. At least by the address number. So I went into a store and asked one of the workers and she said it was around the corner, which made no sense at all. lol
So we walked over to it and I was really really happy. A whole store full of clarks shoes! Hurrah!
I found two pairs that I liked. When you buy two pairs, they give you 25% off the cheaper pair, so that was nice. The cheaper pair was on sale as well. The second pair, however, was not on sale, and they were quite expensive, at least in terms of my normal budget, however they are without a doubt the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn. Unfortunately, I need the next half size up from what they had, so they are going to ship the shoes to me from another store, so alas I have to wait to wear the most comfortable shoes ever!
But, though much money was spent, it was well worth it to have some good shoes to take with me.
After leaving there, we drove up to Concord to Rasputin records where Jake and I hauled in all of my media that I wanted to sell. I knew it would take a long time for them to go through everything. They have to take each album out of its cover to make sure it's not all scratched and such. Well, it took them an hour. Jake and I were pretty bored and it smelled gross in the store. We went outside for a bit and walked next door to a sporting goods store. But, that store smelled much worse even than the record store, so we walked back out and then went next door to the guitar store. It didn't smell quite as bad, but not great. lol
They had some really neat looking guitars and some really ugly ones too. And all kinds of price ranges, from a few hundred to many thousands of dollars.
When they finally finished up with my stuff at the record store, it totaled about 5 dollars more than what I spent at the shoe store. Yay!!! I was hoping it would cover that purchase and it did, so well worth it. And the extra five bucks covers the gas for driving there and back. lol

If anything else shoe wise before I go, maybe just a pair of good tennis/sport/walking shoes, since I don't have a decent pair, only a cheapy pair, though they look nice. But not great for walking long distances I don't think.

Yay for productive days and new shoes!
:D

2 comments:

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

I've kept meaning to add a comment to your blog, but with all of the weather problems I haven't been on the computer that much. I just love Clarks shoes. My favorites. I have 3 pairs now, 2 sandals and one pair of black clogs/mules. They are a little expensive, but I try to find them on sale. I'd probably sell a lot of my old vinyl but I don't have a place around here that does that, and besides, Anna has taken about half of the collection.
Jane

Melissa said...

Yeah I'm so happy I discovered Clarks. I only learned of them right before my last trip to Egypt, so it hasn't been that long.
I got one pair of sandals and also a pair of clogs. Yay!