Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Finally!

Well, the date is confirmed and the tickets have been purchased, alhamdulillah! :D

I want to take a second to thank mom and dad who have helped alot so far. I'm on the phone with them sometimes more than once a day with questions and thoughts and worries, and they have really just helped so much. :D

Also, not to butt religion in, but I have to thank God as well. This took a long time to happen and I knew it wasn't going to happen until the time was right, even though I wanted it long ago. So, I guess God decided now was the right time. Yay!!!

So... today:
We got the tickets. Flying out mid March.
Mailed off the 30 day notice to my landlord.
Got my new passport in the mail. It was actually kind of amusing. I received two envelopes in the mail today. I thought one of them contained some thread I had ordered through the mail, and didn't look at who it was from before I opened it. After opening the envelope I saw that it had my passport, but there were two holes punched through it and all they had done was stapled the second photo I had enclosed with the passport application to the second page of my old passport. Man oh man I was upset and thinking that I was going to call someone up and give them an earful, especially since I knew they had cashed my check and everything.
I decide to open the second envelope and it was the new passport. lol
I guess they mail you the old one back as well as sending you the new one. I don't know why they didn't just mail them in the same envelope. And I thought they kept the old one but I guess maybe they only keep it if you are turning it in because it expired.
Anyways, yay for new passports. And the picture is okay too. Phew!

By the way, I'm flying Air France. If anyone has any experience with them, let me know. I've heard both good and bad.
The first leg of the flight, 11 hours worth, will go straight from SFO (San Francisco), leaving around 4:30 p.m., to CDG (Paris) and then have a 2 hour layover and change of planes, then a four and a half hour flight into Cairo. It should be landing around 7:30 p.m. insha'Allah.
I had a chance to fly Lufthansa, which I really really really really wanted to do, but if I did that, there would have been a 12 hour layover in Frankfurt, and it would have put me into Cairo at 3:30 a.m. Neither one of those things sounded great, so Air France it is.

Thanks everyone for reading.
=)
I hope you're as excited for me as I am.

No comments: