Monday, February 23, 2009

Gah. That is my current state.
Too
Much
Stuff.

Went through Jake's room for several hours today. His dad came by this evening and picked up the majority of stuff that is going to be going to his dad's house. There's still clothes and some stuff in his dresser drawer, but for the most part it's gone.

It appears that shipping is just going to cost too much money, and I'm probably going to be selling or giving away even more than I originally thought. I mean, I'm already trying to sell just about everything, but there were some items that I thought I would bring over - nice/expensive pot and pan set, and a few other things, but I think it's just going to be too expensive.

And though I plan to put my furniture up for sale on Craigslist (and I better do that SOON!!!) what about all the odds and ends in the house? It's just so much and I feel really overwhelmed about it.

From this point on I'm really going to have to work every night, pretty much non-stop, until I can get everything done. Maybe I'll finish up early, which would be good, but I only have 3 1/2 weeks til I go.

I don't think I ended up doing much Saturday towards the move? I can't remember.
Oh... I met Jake and his dad and step mom at the post office so that we could apply for Jake to get a passport. I filled out the form before I got there and then we had to sign in front of the guy there and Jake had his picture taken and that was that. It should arrive at his dad's place in 3 or 4 weeks.

One doctor appointment this week. On Thursday. One the week after. And one I still have to make.
Oh, picked up a change of address form at the post office while I was there on Saturday. I should have picked up two, but wasn't thinking about it. I filled out the one I got for myself and I will get another and fill it out for Jake.
I changed the delivery address for a magazine that I get, so it should be going to the folks now, and I need to change the address on Jake's magazines to his dad's house.
The one I did for myself I did online, but I'm not sure I can do Jake's online. I'll check it out.

*sigh*

3 comments:

Shari said...

The last few weeks have been a long, hard haul for you, Sweetie. I am so impressed by all that you've accomplished, though. I still think you should put an ad in the paper re moving sale - and have 1 day for people to come and see what you have to sell. You'd be surprised at how many used furniture (antique) store people show up! -- Mom

Melissa said...

We will see what happens. Still undecided. Dad said an ad in the paper is pretty expensive, and so many people look at Craigslist these days that it would probably accomplish the same thing.

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

Some more local type papers give cheap or almost free ads for yard sales and I know from past experience that even a short ad just giving the time and that you have furniture and household stuff will get a lot of people out - many a few hours before the time you said it would start. That said, I hate doing yard sales and usually just give my unneeded stuffr away.
Jane