Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday part 1

Well, I didn't write yesterday, and someone was nice enough to point that out to me (love you sweety), so I am writing a short update this morning and then insha'Allah I'll post later tonight about today.

Well... last night I went through some things from a drawer in my upstairs desk. Mostly old calendars and address books to see if I needed any information from them, which of course I didn't. It was interesting to see the things I wrote down from day to day though, perhaps thinking at some point that they might be of interest? Anyways, those will get tossed.

I'm still amazed at all the things I have kept over the years.

This weekend I'll go through the old cards/letters that I have kept through the years. I don't think I'll toss any of those though. There's not a lot else in that desk. Some odds and ends. Actually there's a bunch of old school work and other assorted items but I went through them a couple of weeks ago. That's the stuff that I suppose will be stored at mom and dads.

And I really need to get to work on finishing the quilts!!!

8 comments:

Shari said...

Going through drawers, etc. Melis, you've inspired me! I've started going through Dad's drawers and have found t-shirts he's forgotten he had! So I've thrown everything into the laundry to "freshen" them up.

Melissa said...

lol, when you forget about clothes you have, it might be a sign that you have too many. :D

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

I've spent the last year or so cleaning out drawers (unfortunately these old houses don't have closets so I have none of those to clean) and have taken lots of loads of stuff to the resale shop. I just came to the conclusion that I have too much stuff. It's nice to have 'space' again.
Jane

Shari said...

One shirt that's too big for Dad still has the tags on it. It must've come from Steve and Terri because it has "Arizona" written on it. I was wondering if Ahmed would like to have it. Whaddya think?
Mom

Melissa said...

Perhaps, can you take a picture of it and send it to me? What size is it? Ahmed is uh... alot bigger than dad. lol

Jane, do you make decent money from that or they don't pay much? I swear from now on I will try to limit what comes into my house, but I have a feeling that will fall by the wayside with time. :D

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

I don't make any money, just give it away. I could have a huge yard sale right now, but I hate yard sales so will probably just load the rest of the stuff up and take it over too. I have gotten rid of some stuff through Freecycle - a crib, a whole bunch of chestnuts last fall, a trumpet and a ceiling fan. Right now I think I have someone coming over to pick up an old bunch of dished and kitchen stuff. I think I like giving it away much more than the hassles of selling it.

Melissa said...

Yeah it's alot easier to give stuff away than to hassle with selling. I've given away a bunch of smaller things, but there's some things that I really just need to sell instead of give away. The car being one of those things. lol
In either case, it feels nice to divest oneself of so much "stuff".

Shari said...

The Arizona T-shirt is a medium, but it looks big. I'll bring it down when we come next month - you'll probably be able to tell just by looking at it if it would fit Ahmed. -- Mom