Thursday, February 19, 2009

Today... lets see....

Trying to figure out some things about my flight. It's Air France but the flight is being operated by Delta. So do I check in at the Delta Gate or with Air France? lol
I figured out the type of plane, and yay, there are monitors on the back of every seat, so that should at least help make the first 11 hour leg a little more bearable. I'm actually hoping to be sleeping for a good portion of the flight insha'Allah.

I measured my furniture tonight so that when I list it to sell I can say dimensions. I don't know why I didn't think to do it before. So that's done. Now I just have to figure out pricing for everything, which is more difficult than I would like. I can't remember what I paid for some things, and though I know they lose value the minute you purchase most items, they're still worth something, even though people want to pay as little as possible if they are buying it from you.

And I need to post on Craigslist to have a sale for everything, but I don't want to have people coming over when it's raining because that's a little messy. And it's supposed to be raining this weekend. And I only have so many weekends left before I go. Is it rude to ask total strangers to take their shoes off when they come in your house? I don't want people's dirty shoes tracking all over the place, especially if it's been raining.

I'm thinking I'll put up a poster or something at work and see if anyone at work is interested in anything. That would be nicer than dealing with strangers. We have just under 50 people at work, so you never know, maybe I can sell a thing or two.

Actually, someone I know who is moving put up a blog with pictures/pricing for everything she is selling. I thought it was a neat idea to have everything on one page that way. I'm considering it, but.... would I just link to it in a Craigslist post?

I have a feeling that I will be donating at least a few items to a local mosque that could use items to give to people who are in need. As positive as I would like to be that I will sell everything, I know there will be odds and ends that just might not sell. Which is fine.

You know in the movie The Fifth Element where they are going to fly and they get into these little sleep cube thingies and then the flight attendant comes around and presses some button and puts everyone to sleep? I wish they could do that for flights now. lol
That would make flying on long flights much easier.

Okay, enough rambling for today. Not sure what I'll get to for tomorrow. I'll think about it tomorrow.

No comments: