Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mosquitoes 10, Melissa 2

Well, I have to say, last night was the worst night I've spent since I've been here, and one of the worst nights I've had in general in quite some time. lol

It was VERY humid yesterday and it didn't let up during the night and the heat wasn't coming down very well either.
Somehow (*ahem*, hubby leaving windows and doors open), we got a whole bunch of mosquitoes in the room and so spent til 4 in the morning getting bitten and trying to hide under the sheets not to get bitten, though that didn't work and only made things sweatier. Well, I was the only one under the sheet.
We did manage to kill a few mosquitoes, but not all of them. Hubby even got about 4 or 5 bites. But my 10 or so bites was just a bit much.
I was just so miserable.
:p
Today isn't much better and if tonight isn't better than last night, I'm afraid that my husband will have a mess of a wife on his hands.

Now, enough whining and on to some pictures.

First is the maashi that my MIL made with the vine leaves the other day. Picture is a bit blurry and I've had to try to lighten it up some as well, as it was pretty dark.



Here is the cannelloni. It was very good, though the picture doesn't do them justice. I had to use a flash because it was too dark in the room.



Here we have some of the little snacks that come from a little bakery nearby.
The ones on the left are kind of like little pizzas, minus the cheese. The ones on the right are kind of like the bitay that I have for breakfast, just mini size. They're dough with some kind of salty cheese inside and on top are nigella seeds, though they look like black sesame seeds.



And last are some more munchies from the bakery. These are cookies (they call them biscuits here) that are half vanilla, half chocolate, and all yum!
There's plastic wrap over the top (wow am I lazy or what), so there's a bit of glare.



Hopefully tomorrow will be more pictures and less whine. lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad for your suffering at the stingers of those pesky mosquitoes! Can you put some sort of netting over the windows???? Isn't there a fabric store or hardware store or something? Jeeze! Buy yourself some netting & some thumb tacks for crying out loud!
One morning you'll wake up & you won't have any blood left!
xo J

Melissa said...

lol, you would think it would be that easy. I've been trying to think of a way we could do it, and when I talked with hubby this morning about putting screening up over the window he talked about getting a thin drape material and covering the windows with that. Which I found a wee bit strange but...
Anyways, we're going to give something else a try first and see if it works.