Saturday, June 6, 2009

Guest photos

Another hot and humid one.
I guess we should just assume that is the norm from now on out, until about late October or into November. I heard yesterday from one of Ahmed's cousins, that July and August were the worst months for humidity.
I can't say I was pleased to hear that, since it's already humid now. lol
Oh well.

Hubby sent me some photos from Kuwait. I figured I could post a few here. I wish that some of them had come out better but there are still some nice ones to post.
Of course, I'm not really sure what any of this stuff is.... lol

First is, I think, a view of an inlet of the sea? I'll ask hubby and see what he says.
It's got a nice view of part of the city, and you can see it looks fairly modern and nice.



Next is actually one of my favorite photos that he sent, though it doesn't show much. lol
I just like the reflection, how it's broken up. I think this is one of the towers that is reflected. There are several "towers" that are like a spire or something with a ball on them? I'll try to get a good picture of them. The ones hubby sent are kinda blurry.



Last we have....... cows!! Woohoo!
Part of hubby's work in Kuwait has to do with agriculture, and so he was visiting one of the farms/clinics to check something out. This is not in his usual day to day activities, I can promise you. lol



I think that's it for today folks.
More pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean, they have cows in Kuwait? LOL!! When my ex husband came over here from Hungary, he said someone asked him "Do they have grass in Hungary?" Stupid question! Anyway, enjoy the photos and the blogs. Thanks for letting me share in them.

Londi

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

Somehow I never thought of cows living in the desert. It must be much more expensive since there is not pasture (or is there?).
Do you know yet it you'll be moving to Kuwait? It looks much cooler with the water right there, though I suppose it isn't. A breeze off the water might help though to be rid of the mosquitos like it did when we spent part of our summers at the beach.
Jane

Melissa said...

Hi Londi. Yeah, we all ask questions that seem silly at one time or another I guess. lol
It does indeed seem strange to think about cows in a desert, at least from what we are used to in the States I guess. :D

Jane, not really sure about pastures. I'll ask Ahmed what he saw or knows about it.
It appears, as of this moment, that he does want to make the move to Kuwait, and is waiting until enough business can be gathered there before we make the move.
As to mosquitoes there, I hear that it is too hot for them, and they don't really live there. Average temp right now is about 111 from the forecasts. And it is not yet the hottest part of the summer.
If there is any breeze off the water, I don't think it would help in those temps. lol
I don't think we will be living right at the sea anyways.
Let's see what happens!