Friday, June 12, 2009

The eagle has landed

Well, hurray, hubby has landed safely alhamdulillah, and is probably still at the airport, waiting to disembark or get out of the terminal.
He should be home soon insha'Allah and then we will all eat!
My mother in law was waiting lunch on his return, so it's late and I guess we're all hungry. lol
It's 4:45 now and I guess we won't eat til 5:30 at earliest.
Anyways, very happy to have him home, very happy indeed.


I had pictures ready to post yesterday but didn't manage to make any posts and today though I'm posting my mind isn't sitting still long enough to explain pictures.
lol
The ones I have are food and need some explanation, so insha'Allah I'll post them tomorrow.

Hubby said he managed to get most of the things I asked for from Kuwait, though they are all baking related. lol
He did not find double acting baking powder, but I read up online and found that there is a specific combo of baking soda and cream of tartar that should work perfect as a replacement, and since I have cream of tartar and can get baking soda here, I think I'm in business!
He even managed to get me a liquid measuring cup, which I did not bring with me from the States.
Not sure what I'll make first, but I set aside some recipes that were fairly simple in terms of ingredients. Most of them have cinnamon in them, not sure how that happened. lol
But I'm looking forward to some treats soon.

Still hot and humid. Still trying to figure out a way to deal with it.
It's quite wearying to be honest, the humidity. I'm sure those in the States who live in humid areas are well aware of that. I'm sure I sound whiny and spoiled about it but... so be it. lol
I'm hoping either my sister in law and myself, or hubby and I can go shopping soon for some cooler clothes, since I was counting on a/c for the most part.

On the last book of the Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King. I anticipate finishing in a couple of days or so.
Nice series. I liked the first book better than the second, and not sure about the third, but I guess I will like that better than the second as well.

No comments: