Saturday, August 1, 2009

Painting etc

We picked out the paint colors this morning. The painters started today and are supposed to finish in three days. I will believe it when I see it. :p

I will take pictures when the painting is all done.

We also picked out the mattress we wanted today, but it seems they are backlogged on the box springs, and it will be 20 days until we can get one from the store we are getting our mattress from. Which is pretty ridiculous. Hubby is trying to see if we can get one from somewhere else, as I don't particularly want to sleep on a mattress on the floor for over 2 weeks. Anyways, we didn't purchase the mattress yet, just picked out what we wanted. We don't need to actually buy it until we're going to move, though I suppose it could probably do with a couple of days of airing out.

Tried to pick out a stove/oven today, but that didn't exactly work out how anyone planned and we are still looking.
Apparently the one that I liked that we saw a couple weeks ago is not made of stainless steel. I assumed that all ovens were made of the same thing. Silly me.

It turns out that the guy who owns our apartment building has a store down on the first floor that sells appliances. Hubby ended up getting our fridge and washing machine from there, and thought that the stove they had would be okay, but I didn't care for it. At all. In the slightest. lol
Call me picky if you must, but this is something I have to look at and live with and use on a daily basis, and I want the things I own to be a joy to me, not a misery.

We stopped in to look at the apartment and it's a total mess from the workers. The two a/c's have been installed. So that is some yay news.

The bathroom still needs a few things to be done, as does the kitchen.

Hubby thought we might be able to move in by Monday night or Tuesday, but unless there is a miracle in the coming few days, I'd say it's more like a week before we move in, not 3 days.
We shall see.

No comments: