Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ice cream sandwiches

Well... from what I hear, the mattress and box spring are being delivered to our apartment this evening. It's 8 p.m. now, so I assume sometime before the night is over they will be there.
I don't think we are moving until maybe Friday but really I'm not sure. Every time I think I know it changes, so I won't try to say a definite date. lol

We need to buy a table and chairs so we have someplace to sit other than the bed.
And some sheets for the bed.

Also, we need to buy some food.
Even though Ramadan is going to start and it's a month of fasting, boy don't keep us from eating when we are able! There better be food in the house. lol
I have some nice ideas for healthy and filling meals for the month.

Hubby might be able to send me home to the States for a visit later this year. I wish he could come but I don't think we can both afford to come on a visit too soon, but he knows I miss my son and family, so he offered to send me.
We shall see what transpires.

Looking forward to air conditioning, though it has been in the low 90's instead of the high 90's and low 100's. Of course, the lower the temp, the higher the humidity seems to go. Anyways, the a/c will be a welcome change and will make sleeping much easier. In fact, I'll probably complain about being cold and have to wear warm pajamas. lol

I was thinking about making some cranberry chocolate chip cookies, but it just doesn't seem to be happening. I've mentioned it to both hubby and my sister in law but I don't know ... I guess it will wait until we move and buy some kitchen items.
Though I don't think it will be the first thing I bake. I'm thinking of baking some breads for during Ramadan. Though some snickerdoodles would be nice for sweet snacks.

We ordered in from a restaurant the other night and the food was really good. They had what I think of as quesadillas, or at least that was what we had ordered. I guess they call them wraps here. We had 4 different kinds, and I had 2 of them, one with mozarella cheese, and one with spinach/lemon.
Wow!!
It was so good and totally reminded me of home. Very nice.
I haven't had any spinach since I've been here.
I asked hubby about getting some broccoli, because I haven't had any of that either, and he said it's not the right time for it, so maybe I will see if I can find some decent frozen broccoli.

And now, I hear some chocolate ice cream calling my name.
=)

**update - we do not have the mattress and box spring yet. The guy hasn't called to let us know his truck is coming, so hopefully it will be tomorrow. :(

No comments: