Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Food and light

Here is the konafa that my MIL made yesterday.
Yum yum.



And here is the fanoos (lamp) that is hanging between our building and the next. There are little holes in a pattern on the lamp so that the light comes out in nice patterns.




We didn't end up going shopping today as hubby found out Monday night that he needed to go into the office on today for something important, so we are supposed to go tomorrow.
Will update if we go and what we bought.

I still have that short little video of the fanoos my MIL bought me but I haven't uploaded it to youtube yet. Maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

Shari said...

That fanoos looks very interesting. Do you know if it's made of plastic or what? -- Love, Mom

Melissa said...

I'm sure some are made of metal (the ones with light bulbs at least), and the small toy ones like I have are made of plastic. But they even sell ginormous ones that are made of plastic.
I'll see if I can get some better pictures. They're really nice and colorful.