Friday, August 7, 2009

Brown and green?

Nothing much going on the last couple days.

Hubby trying to get some things finished in the apartment. The paint is apparently still a bit smelly so he's been airing the place out.

He's also been "testing" the air conditioning. Rough job yeah?

He says we need weather stripping or some type of padding for the window and door shutters (since we don't have "regular" windows), as too much air comes in even when they are shut, and it will let in dirty air and hot air too. Basically, we have the same type of wooden windows that are at the in-laws, it's just that the one at our apartment have a screen opening on them, which is... nicer than not having one, it just means that we still don't have anything air tight. It also means, if we can't get some kind of seal going, that I'll get to do a lot of dusting. Or more than I had planned in any case, since I know that everywhere here gets dusty.

Still no idea when our mattress and boxspring will be ready. So, still no idea when we will be moving in. I hope it is within a week.
This coming Tuesday will be 4 weeks since we signed the contract.
Hubby thought it would be 2 weeks to move in, I told him 4.
I have learned to double the time that anyone tells me for anything, and I usually hit it just about right.
Not that that makes me happy. lol

We think we found a couch we like for our living room. I haven't seen it in person, just some video that hubby's brother took. Not sure when we will go look at it. Soonish. Just have to figure out what color to get since it's going into a green room. Even though I didn't want any brown/tan/beige in the house, a dark brown couch would probably look nice. Hubby thinks navy blue. I still have to see the paint since they finished to be able to decide for sure.

Here's a video I took the other day while we were waiting for the paint samples to be painted on the walls at the apartment.
It's the guy leading his donkey cart. As I mentioned, not sure what he's yelling out, but all the vendors just usually shout out the name of what they're selling.

donkey cart

This brings to mind another subject, which is the way animals are treated here, but I will leave that for a future post.

No comments: