Thursday, August 13, 2009

Liver?

Alright I have the pictures hubby took of the apartment.

This is one of the two walls that got painted whatever color that is. lol
It's like a dark adobe peach color or something.



I think it came out fairly well, though we might be a little challenged when picking out furniture.

The green room, from what I can see, turned out okay. However, I know that the color in the pictures can be misleading from when I was there and took pictures myself. And as you will see in the second picture.

This first one shows the wall and ceiling in what I believe to be the true color of the room, or what it should be, seeing as how I haven't been there since they painted it. I like the shade and I think it turned out well.



However, in this photo, we have a weird color of green from the lighting in the room. It is just... wrong. lol
Not a color I would want. It's just a little too off or something.
Also, here is where you see why we need carpet covering the floor.
Wow, what a combination huh?
I'd never have picked that green if we couldn't get some carpet in there.



I am looking forward to seeing the color that they painted the front door. In the hallway outside that is, not inside.
We had been talking about colors and I said well maybe like coffee with a little milk, or milk chocolate, and then I decided on maroon.
I think there was some confusion on hubby's part, and so I'm not sure the exact color.

Hoping to hear about the mattress and box springs today.

Oh and we need to get a gas can for the kitchen.
We are not hooked up on a central line. I think most places aren't. Like us, most places either buy gas cans from the guys that come down the street, or they have them delivered from the gas company.
Either way, we need to get a gas can to start with. I can't remember but I think they cost a bit.
After you get one, you just trade it when you need a new one and you only pay for the gas, not the can. You just keep trading whenever you need more gas.
I'm hoping we can have them delivered from the company, as I was told that the company washes them off, while I heard that the ones you buy off the guys in the street usually carry roaches on the rims or such. Eww.

Speaking of eww, I went in to the kitchen this morning and my MIL was marinating some meats. Livers or kidneys or something, I dunno. lol
Whatever it was, I don't want any. I hope she made something else as well.

Cotton mattress topic will come perhaps um... tomorrow if there is no other news.

4 comments:

Londi said...

The apartment looks like it may be quite large. Colors look nice!

Melissa said...

The apartment is actually pretty big. Though I'd rather a little more room in the bedrooms than so much room in the reception areas. But, still, lots of nice space.
=)

Shari said...

Is a "reception area" like a living room?

Melissa said...

yes, they use the word reception instead of living room, since that's where you will receive people so to speak. lol