Monday, August 10, 2009

The drums!

For some reason I have become overly enamored of exclamation points. Please excuse this. lol

Well, as I mentioned yesterday, I have some videos to post from a party that was held at one of the apartments across from us a couple of nights ago.
We are on the 4th floor and they are on either the 4th or 5th, not sure.
In any case, they had the balcony curtained off, so I couldn't see inside, much to the dismay of my curiosity!

But, I could hear perfectly well.
There were drums and some of the songs had singing. All of the singing was done by one guy except for one song was done by a female. The people at the party would sometimes be clapping and sometimes be making loud yelling noises.

I'm assuming it was a wedding party but I don't know for sure.
And for some reason I thought they might have had a belly dancer there, but hubby doesn't think so. Who knows though, since we couldn't see.

The first video is shorter, at 30 seconds, and the second video is longer, at 2 minutes.
I actually like the second video better as I really love the drumming in it. For some reason drums just really get me going and I was tapping my foot the whole time they were playing. lol

The music didn't start til midnight by the way. And it lasted at least til shortly after 2 a.m., though exactly when it stopped I'm not sure, as I had headed back to the bedroom.

Sorry there isn't much to see in the video, but it was dark out and since the balcony was covered, all you can see is a white patch.
But, since I was filming it for the sound anyways, I guess it doesn't matter too much.

You might have to turn your speakers up, but you should be able to hear it okay. It sounded great in person. He was just really getting it on with those drums!!!

shorter video


longer video

In other, not so exciting news, I woke up to some kind of allergy attack this morning. Never did figure out what it was from but it was crazy. It felt like I had stuck my head in a vase of fresh flowers and left it there.
After a few hours it tapered off, though I still feel a bit off, so maybe it was the start of a cold and not allergies? Who knows and time will tell.

No news on the apartment. Hubby took the camera with him to work today because he was going to stop by the apartment after work and take pictures, but when I called him a bit ago, he was still at work and coming home afterward, so no pictures I don't think.

Ramadan is coming in less than 2 weeks. I am thankful we will have an air conditioned apartment to live in during the month, but I had hoped to be a little more settled in before the month started. I guess it just means I need to work a little more on preparing now.

1 comment:

Londi said...

Cool Drums! I love the drums the Tahitian dancers wiggle their hips to.