Thursday, May 7, 2009

Promises, promises

Okay, I said I would share the videos today so here they are!

First up is a donkey and cart going down the street.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDPyCa3siU0

Next we have a short clip of a fire engine and it's loud warbling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npvd_8uzbck

Last we have a horse going down the street.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHANZgbbNlA

These are all normal sights during the day here.
Not exactly like Pleasanton.
lol

The weather has been nice and cool the last couple of days. I don't even mind the overcast today. Almost anything is better than that horrible dust we got earlier in the week.

Tomorrow we should be going to the parents in law's place insha'Allah.
There will be three extra people coming to visit, one of which I've never met before.
One of the visitors is hubby's aunt. And the other two are two of her children, one of which I have met and the other I haven't.
Should be fun and I'm looking forward to being around people and out of the apartment.
Not sure if we're staying overnight or for how long. Last time was an unexpected four day stay there.
We might actually head over tonight, but I won't know til later.
Hubby has a dentist appointment and I suggested it might be easier to go tonight before the appointment.
We shall see.

I might play around some more with the colors on here today. Let's see what I can come up with!

**edited to say, sorry I can't make the links for the videos clickable. Whenever I try to use blogger's tool for it, there's an empty space on the finished page where there should be a link. Just highlight and copy the link and open it in a new browser window.

**edited to further add that I think I figured it out. I need to just compose in the "compose" window and use the link insert thingy and that should do it.

12 comments:

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

If you are composing and want to add links, you have to be doing it under the tab at the top right that says html, otherwise you get links that don't work. If you need help with html coding, email me and I'll send you the coded links for those videos.
Jane

Shari said...

Any colors you use work for me, Melis. I just enjoy your blogspot. I can't BELIEVE the traffic - cars, horses, donkeys. It's certainly entertaining. I'm sure the people who live there think nothing of it. Love, Mom

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

If you get to the computer while you're at the inlaws place, see if this will work for a link, then you can use the same form for all of them. You probably can't tell (at least I can't the way the lines separate here where I'm typing, but there's a space between that first a and the href.
Donkey and CartJane

Melissa said...

Um, it just shows up as the link?
I mean it doesn't show the code.

I checked and it seems that my default page that I compose on is the html page, and I use the tool they have that asks for a link, so I don't understand why it's not showing up.
Maybe I'm just confused. Entirely possible.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa! I love your postings.

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

I guess it worked then... I typed the html code and thought it would stay that way, but I guess I should have figured that it wouldn't. Email me and I'll send you the code that way. Not at all complicated and far easier (and quicker) than waiting for blogger to do it.
Jane

Melissa said...

Anonymous is mom testing out the anonymous feature?
lol
:D

Shari said...

NO, Melis - that "Anonymous" was not me - probably someone interested in Egypt...or someone you know.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa. Anonymous is your aunt Londi!!

Melissa said...

lol, hello Londi.
=)
Glad you are enjoying my posts!
You should come visit and bring your bike with you, take a tour of the country!!
I haven't seen any women on bikes yet, only scooters. lol

Anonymous said...

Would they be shocked at a lady on a great big Harley? I have very loud air horns on it, so I could join the honking contest that seems to go on in your streets! LOL!

Melissa said...

I thought about whether they would be surprised to see a lady on a big bike, and I'm not sure. Meant to ask hubby but forgot.
I think it would be fun.
And for sure it would contribute to the noise.
lol