Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nachos

We did get some ice cream last night, and it was indeed quite wonderful.
I had chocolate but there was vanilla as well.
It certainly put a smile on my face.
Aside from the few bites of ice cream I had on our way back from a long walk a few weeks ago, I haven't had any ice cream in years I guess.
I don't plan to make a regular habit of it, but it was really nice.

Current plan for the Kuwait trip is that hubby will leave here on Sunday. I just hope that it won't be a 10 day trip. 5 days is more than enough as far as I'm concerned. Of course, my concerns aren't the same as the concerns of the business. lol

I got a picture of the wardrobe in hubby's room here. The apartment was furnished when they moved in, so it isn't theirs. It's massive. And ornate as is the style here. Which I don't care for at all. But I can see how it would be pretty if you like that sort of thing.
Anyways, they don't have closets here, so wherever you live, you need a wardrobe to hang and put clothes in. I don't understand why there aren't any closets, it would certainly be easier than hauling wardrobes around the small streets here and up the narrow stairwells.
I mean, don't closets make more sense? I think I asked hubby why they didn't have closets here one time but I can't remember his reply. It might have been something along the lines of, that if you have a wardrobe, you can put it wherever you want, and a closet is fixed. Hmmmm.....

I just looked down and there's some weird white stuff all over my foot. No idea what it is. I just had a shower so there shouldn't be anything. Strange. And I'm hoping it's just a mess of soap that somehow made it onto my foot and didn't get washed off.

Anyways, I also took a picture of the window in hubby's bedroom. As you will see, there is the glass itself, which is in a wooden frame, and then on the outside, there is wooden shutters. But no screens in sight.

Here is the wardrobe. Sorry for the lighting, but it's pretty dark in there, even with a light on.



And here is the window.



I have been craving nachos and seven layer dip like crazy for over a week now.
We are in the process of locating corn tortilla chips, which are not common here, but insha'Allah we will be able to find some.
Also need to find some pinto beans. They do not sell refried beans here as a general rule, though I did see some when we went to Carrefour. Not a brand I knew, and I'd just as soon mash my own beans anyways.

4 comments:

Marcouiller Trimble said...

we don't have closets or screens here either.
xo
-m

Anonymous said...

No closets! How very strange. Gosh, I am sure I would be most unhappy over there! Of course, I was unhappy in newport beach too, so go figure.

Londi

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

Don't forget that this old house I live in only had one closet when it was built - that was for a family of 6 - and that the closet, although it is about 4 feet long, is less than a foot deep with just hanging hooks along the back. I've been making do with wardrobes pretty much since I left home, having mostly lived in very old houses. Mine were never quite that big and heavy, though.
Jane

Melissa said...

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't have a closet. lol
I don't mind so much, but it just seems easier to have a closet than to buy a wardrobe.
And I don't like the typical furniture style here, which looks like copies (a lot of them very cheap and bad copies) of furniture you would find at a castle or something. It's a little bit pretentious, and not comfortable at all.
lol

Michele, do you have a bug problem there or it's not bad?