Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Clear as a bell

Well, the skies are clear today, alhamdulillah!
I know that the season for dust storms isn't long, but I'd be happy if it just didn't exist at all.
lol

Here's a pic from this morning.



Cleaning lady is coming tomorrow instead of today, because we weren't sure yesterday whether there would still be dust today, and we didn't want her to clean until the dust storm was over.

I've been craving white peaches. I have been told that they do exist here (not sure if imported or grown here), so now the hunt will be on to find some!
Hubby has never had one, and I want him to taste how wonderful they are.
Also on the lookout for some lemons. They have limes here up the kazoo (which they call lemons, which leads to some confusion as you might imagine), but I have yet to see any shiny yellow lemons.

The cucumbers they have here are different from the kind we're used to in the States. Different variety I guess. I'll take a picture when we buy some so you can see. I miss the ones from the states. I'm sure the taste is about the same but the ones here just don't look as nice.

I'm trying to decide about some things I want to buy online and maybe have the items shipped to my parents and then have my parents send a package here.
Just not sure the expense is worth it. Still have some pondering to do, but plenty of time to do it in.
Will need to re-stock on jelly belly's soon in any case, only a few packages left, and they won't last too long with hubby's love for them.
lol
Maybe I should try to hunt around for them here...

4 comments:

Shari said...

I really enjoy your pictures; keep 'em coming. Looks like it was a beautiful day there today (or yesterday, since there's a 10 hour difference). Let me know what you need shipped. Lemons? White peaches? LOL Do they have avocados there? Love, Mom

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

White peaches are my absolute favorite too. I remember we used to get them at a farm market in New Jersey on the way home from the shore. They're hard to find here, though I did find some last summer. I guess I'll just have to plant some.

Melissa said...

I got some good pictures (I hope) out on the balcony just a bit ago. I'll have to see, but maybe pictures coming later today.
And yes, it was a beautiful day yesterday and today looks to be more of the same. It was a bit windy/chilly out on the balcony at 10 this morning!
They do have avacados here. I don't think I've eaten any avacado in years.
I will let you know about shipping stuff.

Jane-
I think the first time I found white peaches was at the farmer's market in Pleasanton. Wow, what an experience that first bite was.
I don't think I'll be planting a peach tree, but a lemon tree is entirely possible! Now I have something to look forward to. lol
Could you grow a peach tree there?
I'm not sure what all you can or can't plant for your area.

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

Peaches do fine here. We have a number of them, but they're more ornamental and just make tiny peaches. The older ones that were on the farm here died of old age awhile back.
Jane