Friday, May 15, 2009

One foot, two foot

We had a nice day today. Took a walk downtown. A long walk. A loooooooooong walk.
By the time we found a place to have lunch (around 6 pm) I'm pretty sure I was close to just sitting down in the street and not moving another inch!
lol
But it was nice walking downtown and looking at all the stores and people watching. We also walked over one of the bridges going across the Nile. It wasn't the 6th October bridge, and it wasn't the University bridge, it was the one inbetween, which happens to have an Arabic name (of course) that I can't remember.
We almost went and saw the new movie Angels and Demons, but I decided after eating that I was too wiped, and I think we both would have slept through the film. lol
On the way back home, we finally stopped at the store Dary. Wow. Six floors full of household goods. They did have some nice things, and whether we stay here in Cairo, or move to Kuwait (they have the same store there in Kuwait), we do plan to buy at least some small items from there insha'Allah. I didn't care much for their furniture, but they had some decent kitchen items and some other odds and ends.
After coming home and changing, I've barely moved off the couch. I think I will be too sore tomorrow!!

First two pictures are of the Nile. I couldn't decide which one was better, so you get both.






Next is hubby and I. Since he's taller than me, his head got a bit cut off. lol
Taken while standing on the bridge over the Nile.



Next two photos were taken inside the store that we went to, Dary.
The first is of a kitchen counter setup and I just couldn't believe the color. It was actually brighter than you can see in the photo. And just so...... green!



Last photo is some lamps that I liked. The covering is some kind of plastic, and it allows a nice ambient light, instead of something bright and glaring. I'm not ecstatic about the green and orange color options, but I'd probably buy them anyways, as I do like them overall.


I also got a short 8 second video clip of the Nile.



I haven't tried to upload files with Blogger before. I actually uploaded it on my youtube account as well if you want to find it there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51lfbITG_WI

Our last day here at the apartment will be Tuesday. I guess we should leave that morning, as that is when the 2nd month is up. Possible we will leave before then but not likely. Hubby should be leaving sometime in the next week for Kuwait. Still not sure when. Still don't want him to go.

2 comments:

Londi said...

Hello to Achmed. Nice picture of the two of you. All of them are neat. I so enjoy these postings and the photos.

Londi

Melissa said...

Thanks!
=)
I asked hubby if women rode motorcycles here and he gave me a strange look, which I took to mean no. lol
He was surprised to hear that women rode them in the States.