Saturday, October 31, 2009

Walky talky

 We had a nice walk tonight down at the Nile.  The weather has been much cooler and there always seems to be a breeze down at the river anyways, so it wasn't too warm, even with the generally too fast walking speed of hubby.

I love to hear stories from his childhood or teenage years when we pass something that will bring a memory to him.  So many little bits of information gleaned this way.  And always surprising and making me smile or laugh.

:::

I picked a light to medium color wood stain for the kitchen sink cupboard.  It's hmmm... not sure how to describe the material.  It's possibly made of wood but more likely I think it's plastic.  Not positive.  But the outside looks fine, it doesn't look cheap and plasticy, it just looks like a nice wood grain finish.
Still not sure when it will be done though.  I imagine sometime this week.

:::

My cinnamon roll obsession has yet to abate.

And that is all!

2 comments:

Marcouiller Trimble said...

It would be a nice first line to a novel; "We had a nice walk tonight down at the Nile".

You sound well and I am happy for that.
x
-m

Melissa said...

You know I sometimes wonder, if I was to start a novel, what would the first line be. Hadn't come up with anything yet, but it's fun to think about.
And I am well enough, all things considered.
=)
You and the boys (all 3 of em) look well too! Happy Halloween!