Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cinnamon roll success!

We almost made it over for a visit to the apartment today. Almost.

I was going to clean the fridge out because you know they have some kind of gunky stuff on them when they're new and I really don't want a gunky fridge.

Was also going to pick up a few things from my luggage while I was there.

Alas, traffic was horrid today so we decided that we will go tomorrow morning.
At 9:00 a.m.

Okay, who's laughing with me about that? Maybe it's just me. We just go to bed way to late to attempt to be up and atem at that hour.

However, I did get some things ready to take over when I thought we were going today, so that is done at least. We're bringing over the sheets for the bed, some towels, and a few things that I have here that I don't need (like 10 pairs of shoes, lol).


In other news, since I had some cinnamon rolls from the bakery Le Poire the other week, I've been craving them something fierce.

I really don't eat a lot of sweets, mainly because I have a different sweets preference than what my MIL makes, and also because I can't eat from the local neighborhood bakery anymore (grown intolerant for some reason, my mouth doesn't like their food!).

We've been on a quest to get some cinnamon rolls and croissants from Le Poire for a good couple of weeks, but they're always out by the time hubby calls or they don't have a delivery boy or they didn't make any that day.

Talk about frustrating! The one thing I want, the ONLY thing I'm craving, and I can't get at it.

I'd make my own but sometimes baking at the in-laws is a bit of a production and something like cinnamon rolls would be a nightmare I think (though I am thinking about making some chocolate chip cookies in the next day or two).

So, I called hubby early this evening when he was still at work and asked if he could call the bakery and see if they had anything. He said he would stop by and check on his way home.

He came home and his arms were laden with a box containing 5 cinnamon rolls.

Lovely, luscious, delicious, cinnamony, topped with frosting goodness, cinnamon rolls.

Of which I have now devoured one and am eagerly awaiting tomorrow to have another.
:D


Plan is to go to the apartment tomorrow morning. I will update with details either way. lol

The saga continues!

2 comments:

Londi said...

Gosh, are you guys ever going to get to move into the apartment? And I supoose you must pay the rent on it, even though you are not living there yet? Strange! I doubt that I would be very happy about that...LOL!

Melissa said...

lol, I know it's taking forever!
I hope we will move soon. Taking some small steps now, we will see what happens. :)