Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bits and pieces

Well, hard to imagine, but we are making a significant move of items over to the new place tonight!

I don't have that much to bring over since most of it is there already, but hubby has quite a few things.

There are some items there that need addressing - the main one in my head at the moment is that the hot water is not working in the bathroom (and not hooked up yet in the kitchen) since the hose broke a couple of weeks ago. Hubby says he will get it fixed tomorrow.

The other item is that our stove is on the bottom floor somewhere, I think in the building owner's store, where he sells different sorts of appliances and things. And of course, we are on the 4th floor and the elevator is broken.

Which brings up another interesting point, being that the building owners here don't assume the responsibility for the cost of fixing things in the building. Which I find strange to say the least. If they own the building, they need to assume the cost for running it!

But, like so many other things, that is not the case here. At least from what I have heard in several places. I would really be surprised if it was otherwise.

So, the building owner is trying to collect money from the tenants to get the elevator fixed, but of course no one wants to pay.

I suggested to hubby that he should put a lock on it and that people who wanted to use it could pay for it's upkeep. He said that he had mentioned that to the building owner the other day, but I don't know what the owner thought about that.

In any case, the elevator is a stinky dirty thing, and I don't feel entirely safe in it anyways. And seeing as how I'm not out of the apartment that much to begin with, it doesn't affect me tremendously. It's only annoying if you have a bunch of stuff to carry up to the apartment.

Also, I found out that the entire first floor - two apartments - is rented out to a kind of daycare/preschool type of place. Which gave me the idea that if I was bored during the day maybe I could go down and play with the kids. lol



In other news, my son's step-mother is currently in the hospital being induced to have her baby boy. I guess she's close to 10 days or so overdue now and I know she is very eager and a bit anxious to have this done with! Prayers to her and the baby!

And, in another piece of family related news, my son has the flu! Oh woe is me!
His father took him to the doctor yesterday. They did a swab test of his nose and told him it was Influenza A, but apparently that covers both H1N1 and seasonal flu, and I don't think they were going to do any further testing.

He is out of school for the week (according to the doctor?) and has a note from the doctor for school. Hope the little guy (wait, he isn't so little anymore!!) is feeling better soon.


Hopefully things will really start moving now apartment wise.
Of course, updates to come as things progress!

No comments: