Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wow, 2 years!

Today is the day hubby and I got married back in 2007. Hurrah for making it all that time apart and alhamdulillah that we are finally able to live our lives together in the same location!
=)



I am too sore today from cleaning out that fridge yesterday. I definitely need to get moving more. The excuse I keep telling myself is that with no a/c in the very hot summer here, how could I exercise? lol
Well, with the new apartment there will be no excuse! There is a/c and cooler weather is on its way anyhow.



I'm thinking about making some chocolate chip cookies tonight. Not sure if it will happen or not but I'm thinking about it.

I haven't used the Hershey's chocolate chips yet in a cookie, and I know they taste different than Nestle, so it will be interesting to see how different the cookies taste. I was planning to use the recipe off the back of the empty Nestle package that I have. That way I guess it should be an even comparison. Though I was thinking of switching out some of the brown sugar and replacing it with more white sugar. Although brown sugar imparts a particular taste, I find I don't have as much of a liking/tolerance for it as I used to for some reason.


Watched a few good movies lately. I absolutely LOVED The Brothers Bloom. I watched it one night while hubby was sleeping, so now I get to watch it over again when he is awake! What a great story. I even cried at the end! lol

3 comments:

Shari said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Sweetie! Time sure does fly, doesn't it? I'm glad that you're able to be with Ahmed to celebrate this auspicious occasion. I haven't heard of that movie - "The Brothers Bloom." Will have to look for it at our local video rental store. I hope you did something special on your anniversary. -- Love, Mom

Dad said...

happy anniversary to you both. Is that an observance in Muslim domestic life? Whatever the case our good thoughts are with you both.
Love, Dad

Melissa said...

Thanks mom and dad.
=)
No special plans for the day. It is not particularly an observance in Islam, but when we are living on our own we can have a nice dinner or something. There's nothing wrong with remembering or observing something in a quiet, low key way. Though there will be people who will say otherwise. Technically our only two celebrations (holidays) are the two eids. One after Ramadan and another a couple of months later.