Tuesday, October 6, 2009

These shoes were NOT made for walking...

We've been having some more decent weather lately. Not too hot, though sometimes a bit humid at night.

And the burning is still mostly going on though there seem to be one or two nights a week when we get a break from it, though I don't know the reason.
Although it's awful at night when they burn, it goes away by morning, so though I'm sure it's still contributing to the overall decline of air quality, I don't have any trouble during the daytime.



We went for a walk down to the Metro grocery today. Took about 45 minutes each way. And that was at a pretty fast pace since hubby doesn't seem to understand taking a leisurely stroll. lol

We got some Edam cheese, some croissants and a couple of juice boxes that have all natural juice with no sugar added. I was hoping to get some vanilla, but all they had was vanilla "essence", which is just some flavoring, and I refuse to ruin home baked goods with something like that.

The weather was pretty nice for a walk today, slight wind and not too hot, though after that much walking, and wearing long sleeves and hijab, you get a bit hot anyways.

Before we left the house I was thinking about what shoes I would wear, and decided to wear some keds sneakers that I had but which I hadn't really ever worn in. They aren't like the traditional keds, but similar.

In any case, my toes started to get sore after a little while of walking, and we had already decided we would take a taxi home instead of walking, but we ended up not taking a taxi and walking instead. I'm not sure what the deal was, I mean hubby asked if I wanted a taxi and I guess I was feeling stubborn because I said no. lol

I was SO exhausted by the time we got home.

I changed and washed my feet off to cool them down. I have a little blister on the top of my left pinky toe. Ouchies.

But, I can't recommend enough the cool water bath on feet after a long walk. It feels a little bit like heaven. :D

I don't think I'll be able to walk well tomorrow though. I have a feeling my hips will be sore and I'll be waddling around the house. lol


There is a nice park that we often pass when we are walking, at least when we walk that direction. It is quite often very crowded with people since there aren't a lot of green spaces around. And I always spot the cutest kitties there.

I took a picture but it's still sitting in my camera, so I'll post it soon.
I also got a picture of one of my favorite buildings in the area. I think the reason I like it so much is because of the windows, which are some kind of blue glass. Pretty.


No news on moving, though hubby and I had a long discussion about it. It suffices to say that I will be patient and we will move when we move. Of course, I will happily post about it here when it happens.


I'm really excited about the weather changing. Just thinking about being able to wear a sweater, or layers, is so nice.

We don't have the reminders of Autumn here like there are in the States.
And, happily enough, I won't be bombarded by Christmas advertisements and sales here.
Hurrah!

I'm trying to plan a Thanksgiving meal of sorts if I can pull it off. Not that it needs to be on Thanksgiving day, but I just want to have that sort of meal. I think it would be a nice reminder of home and of changing seasons.

No comments: