Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sunny days, chasing the clouds away

Well, I went out onto the balcony this morning and looked up at the sky and it was magnificently blue!




Believe me, this is quite a change from anything we've seen lately, and quite welcome.
There is still smog if you look some distance off in the skyline (not in this picture, just looking from the balcony), but this is definitely a step in the right direction!

There's also been quite a bit less burning at night, though there was some last night after a period of none for some days.

:::

I guess maybe I'm becoming just like the Egyptians.  Because it seems that we all, everyone living here, both love and hate Egypt.
There is so much to love, and so much to hate...

The complaints are the same for any big city I would imagine - traffic, pollution, crowding, noise, litter.

So what are the things that we love?

2 comments:

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

Funny. I guess I always thought about Egypt as always having blue skies, what with being a desert sort of place without much rain. Now I know better :-) Still wouldn't be a place where I think I could live. I need woods and trees, I think.
Jane

Melissa said...

Well I'm sure it's different outside the city, in fact I know it's different when you get outside the city.
There's just so many cars on the road with upwards of 18 million people, plus whatever else...
I'm sure it's much nicer once you get outside by a bit.
Though finding any woods would be a bit rough (non-existant here I guess). Trees there are plenty of, but nothing that we would think of like woods.