Saturday, October 24, 2009

Huh?

Well, it's been a couple of days since I posted so I thought I should post, though there really isn't all that much to post about.


Hubby went and had a look at the possible choices for the kitchen sink counter top.

We have a choice for the cupboard of having either a plain white finish or some kind of wood grain finish with several stain options.

I'm not sure about what I want. The kitchen is almost all white, with very faint accents of pink and blue in the tiles. And the stove/oven is white. And the fridge is a very light gray. So it would make sense that maybe we should go with a plain white.

But, the other kitchen cupboards that I posted a picture of are a pretty dark color, and despite being told we wouldn't have them for long, I'm not sure how long that means. I don't want to get a color of wood that doesn't match what we already have since we might have it for quite some time, but I also don't like that dark of a color in the kitchen since everything else is so light colored.

Hmmm....

Also not sure about the choices for the sink top. The granite choices are mostly a dark color - green, gray (?) and a light kind of pink. But really there is enough pink/salmon in the rest of the apartment that I don't really want a ton more of it in the kitchen. I think there was another choice except it wasn't granite, it was something else, and if I'm not mistaken the color was beigey. I guess I'll have to see them to be able to decide.



Here is a picture of monkey from when we spent the night at the new apartment. He was getting in some Facebook time while I straightened out some luggage.





We may go for a walk around the neighborhood tonight so I can get out of the house.  I get pretty stir crazy at times, particularly after I've been out and then don't go out for a bit.


Also, what makes cinnamon rolls so good?  It can't be just the cinnamon.  Or the icing.  Or the flaky tender crust.  Is it the combination?  Is it some special cinnamon roll magic that I'm unaware of?
All I know is I simply can't get enough of them!

2 comments:

Londi said...

I just saw on the news whare 25 people were killed in a train wreck in Cairo. That's sad. Glad you are maybe seeing the light at the end of the tunnel re: your apt.

Londi

Melissa said...

Hiya Londi
Yeah, they seem to have a train wreck here every year or two where a whole bunch of people get killed.
It's sad and honestly I don't understand how it's happening.
They also have a lot of accidents out on the desert roads where the buses, trucks and cars don't seem to want to use their headlights!

And yes, happy we are definitely getting closer to moving! :D