Monday, October 26, 2009

Rain dance

It's funny this thing about the cinnamon rolls.

I used to eat them sometime between lunch and dinner as a kind of a snack.  But then I switched to eating them for breakfast since I didn't have anything else I wanted to eat in the house for breakfast, and it's too long until lunch to go without eating anything.

This is fine except that by the time I go to bed, I'm eagerly awaiting the next morning, just like a kid on Christmas eve, so that I can get to my cinnamon roll!  Quite silly. 

Well, while eating my cinnamon roll this morning, which while usually eaten in the dining room, was being ingested on my bed today, hubby wanted to know what the noise was outside, and I said it was the wind, as it's been a bit overcast with some slight wind, but then all of a sudden the sound became very clearly NOT wind and I said, "It's rain, WOOHOO!!" and I rushed up and we both went out onto the balcony to have a look.

It wasn't much to speak of, maybe less than a minute of rain, but oh boy was I excited!  It's the first rain since I've been here and I've been a bit jealous of the rain that I keep hearing about in the States.

Well, just a short while later, we heard the sound again and so again we went to the balcony, but it lasted for a good 2 minutes or maybe 3 this time.  lol

Hubby insisted it wasn't rain, more like some spit.  LOL

Well, yeah, it wasn't a heavy rain and it didn't do much for the air but it sure left me excited.

 :::

In other non cinnamon roll or weather related news, I seem to have come down with some kind of cold again.  Not sure what from and I'd rather not be sick less than a month from when I got better from the last cold, but thems the breaks I guess.  In better news, my son seems to be over the flu, so happy for that!

:::

Still having some issues with my camera and the color.  I took some pictures in black and white the other day just to see how they would look.  It really gives a whole different feel to things, and I might try taking some more photos in black and white.  I think it conveys a little more, in some respects, the feeling of this city.

:::

Hoping for news today about the kitchen sink cabinet! 

2 comments:

Londi said...

I'd love to send you rain! I'll trade you for some sun. I am glad I am not addicted to cinnamon rolls as you are. I'd be too fat to waddle!

Londi

Melissa said...

Hi Londi
I will take all the rain you can send! :D
I'm sure you're too tired of it where you are. I guess we're on opposite ends of the sun/rain spectrum.

I think the thing about the cinnamon rolls is... it is something that reminds me of home, and it's the only sweet thing I'm eating right now since I don't have other sweet snacks or soda. Need something to balance out all the other food.
I'm sure I'll get sick of them soon and move on to something else.
lol