Monday, September 28, 2009

The market

Went today, this morning, and met with my friend and her boyfriend.
Hubby dropped me at their hotel and went to a meeting downtown, and then me and my friend/bf went down to the khan al khalili, which is the big outdoor shopping market.

We had a nice time walking around and chatting. Saw so many adorable kittens. Just the tiniest little eensy weensy cute things!! I totally wanted one so much.
But as we all know, kittens grow up and although cats are cute, they aren't as cute as kittens. lol

Here is a picture of my friend and her bf.



Hubby met back up with us after his meeting, and we sat at a cafe there at the market and had some lunch and chatted for a bit before we took them back to the hotel so that they could head out on the next leg of their adventure.

This is a boy who was walking by while we were at the cafe. It's common that they carry these big pallets of bread on their heads. If you look, under the pallet there is a cap type of thing that they place on their head. I guess it helps for balance, but it doesn't look like it would help much. It's not tight or strapped on or anything.




Not much else going on. I hope we will go this week to buy some things for the kitchen, however we also need to go back downtown to the mogamma building and take care of my visa before we get a fine. Apparently there is a 15 day grace period, but I think we're fast approaching that deadline.

No comments: