Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fruit loops

You know, they just don't make breakfast cereals like they used to. Not sure why this popped into my head. They don't sell much here by way of cereals. There are a few brands that get imported, but it's pretty expensive. I doubt I'll ever buy any. Notice I didn't say never. lol

Well, pictures as promised.

The first is the lamb that my MIL made. I had thought it was a leg but I think maybe it was a shoulder. All I know for sure is that it was mighty tasty!



And here is some of the lemon squares that my MIL surprised us by making the other day. She made one container that was an oval shape but larger, and then a bunch of these little tiny ones that were cute. She doesn't have the measuring cups like I do, so she kinda approximates for ingredients. It worked fairly well.



And now some pics of the apartment.

Here is our front door after it was painted. You can't really tell with this pic but the color came out very nicely and I'm really pleased with it. Much nice to look at as you approach the door from the outside hall than what it was like before.



And here you can see the lovely fuse box for the apartment, right where we were thinking of hanging a bunch of pictures. I'm thinking of maybe doing a wall quilt to cover the area instead. Though that might not be handy when we need to actually replace a fuse. Ideas anyone?



Here I was trying to show how low the box spring (which isn't actually a box spring) is to the floor. I don't like how low it is and I will have to move the bed every time I want to clean under there. Plus... it just seems wrong that low to the floor.



And last of the pictures is one of the inside of our fridge. lol
Funny I guess but they are different shaped than the ones I'm used to in the States. Thinner and taller I guess. Though it seems deep enough and it should be fine for just the two of us, though perhaps we could use a little more freezer space.



Oh, and I forgot, the kitchen cabinets. Which I don't like and only consented to because I was told they would be replaced in a couple of months. I wish I had thought about it at the time. A couple months in Egypt time could mean half a year. They just look very cheaply made and the stain was put on sloppily and the handles are cheapy plastic. And it's way too dark for an all white kitchen. Bleh.



Hoping to go out for a walk tonight around the neighborhood. We'll see if it's too hot and humid for that or not. If I stay in the house and my brother in law isn't around I can wear a tank top or something, but when outside of course it's long sleeves and scarf an all.

Mom and dad, I replied to your comments in the last post.

No comments: