Sunday, September 6, 2009

A stroll

We went for a nice walk last night.
I think we were out for just over an hour and a half.
Now that I think about it, stroll isn't exactly the right word. Hubby walks pretty darn fast!
We walked for about an hour before stopping at a furniture store we passed, and after spending 20 minutes looking around in the store, walked a short distance back home.

Found a nice dining table at the furniture store, but they had just received it in yesterday and hadn't priced it yet. They really had some nice stuff, and it was all imported. The quality seemed really good and the prices were not bad considering.
We are waiting to hear from them after they put a price on the table.

We saw soooo many little kittens last night while walking. There are cats and kittens all over Cairo, as there isn't much (from what I know) of spaying/neutering going on here. They are scavengers and tough little critters!
The kittens are so cute though. I stopped briefly a couple of times to watch them playing while we were walking.

The other night when we were looking at kitchen stuff, we did see some stoves, and I found one that I am okay with except for the fact that I would have to use a match to light the oven every time I needed it.
I don't know why, but gas and matches just kind of scare me. We didn't have a gas oven/stove while I was growing up, and only had one briefly at a place I lived at some years ago.
The stove has a button that will ignite the burners automatically if you plug the stove in to an outlet, but apparently the oven doesn't have an option like that.
I'm going to see if we can find one that does, though maybe they just don't make them that way.

Trying to get hubby to call the washing machine manufacturer to try to get a manual in English. The problem is that the dials, if I remember correctly, don't have words so much as numbers or letters. The numbers and letters must mean something specific, and unless I know what they mean, I'm going to have a heck of a time and possibly lose some clothing trying to figure it out.

Just under 2 weeks left of Ramadan and fasting. It is going well, better than I expected.
Hopefully this will quell any fears I have about fasting in the years to come insha'Allah.

There is a possibility that someone I know from the States will be coming to visit Egypt with her boyfriend. Not sure if we will manage to meet up or what we will do, but it should prove interesting. Also not sure if we will be moved into our place by then or not. I have a feeling not. lol

The adventure continues...

1 comment:

Shari said...

You could get a "lighter" to light the gas stove. I checked on Amazon (kitchen stuff) and they have several - the best one was called "Easy-Lite Lighter." We use one of these to light the propane stove in our 5th wheel. I'm surprised that you're not moved in yet. You weren't kidding when you said things take a long time in Cairo! -- Love, Mom