Friday, September 18, 2009

Where did that come from?

Well, it was unexpectedly hot today. I read it was supposed to be 96, which is a few degrees hotter than it has been lately, but instead it was closer to 100.
Yuck.
Supposed to be 92 tomorrow, which would be much nicer, but I'm never sure how close the forecasts are to what the reality will be.

Iftar, our fast breaking meal, will be in about 25 minutes or so. And then tomorrow is the last day of fasting.
At this point, I'm quite happy for it, as the longer this goes, the less energy I have, and I don't think I would have made it much longer.

Saturday evening we're going to go out insha'Allah and visit the friends we saw last week.
The men will sit at a cafe and us women (yeah, all two of us, lol) will go out shopping. Not sure if I will buy, but hubby wants me to see if I can at least find some things that I like, as he wants to send me on a little mini shopping spree soon.
Which I'm totally fine with. The clothes I have are not really suited for the hot weather here. Of course, we're heading into the end of summer. lol

I'm hoping to make snickerdoodles later tonight to bring with us on Saturday. Hubby wants lemon squares, which I'm pretty sure he must be dreaming about night and day the way he loves them so much, but cookies will be a lot easier to transfer. Plus, I've made lemon squares twice, and my MIL made them once, and I haven't had any snickerdoodles in quite some time.
I heard you can replace some of the flour with cocoa powder and make chocolate ones, but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe next time. I just can't figure out if you still roll them in the sugar cinnamon mixture before baking. I know the flavors of cinnamon and chocolate go together but hmmm.... maybe I will have to do some with and some without and see.

We might go out tonight a little while after eating and shop around a bit. I'm not sure if it's a good idea since it's the weekend here and just before a holiday and everyone will be out in force buying things for the Eid celebration.
But, we shall see.
We had planned to go to the area Zamalek, which is actually an island in the Nile. I've shown some pictures before, it was back when we went the movies and beforehand had gotten something to eat from a mall. Sitting inside the food area of the mall, you could look out across the Nile to the area of Zamalek. So nice looking.

2 comments:

anna said...

just saw a recipe for chocolate snickerdoodles if you want to try it out:

http://theppk.com/blog/2009/09/16/mexican-hot-chocolate-snickerdoodles/

Melissa said...

Thanks, I'll check it out. :D