Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Not an update

We didn't get to bed til quite late last night, around 4:30 a.m.

During the evening, I had been sitting on the bed closer to the window in our bedroom, and I noticed that there were some strong winds outside for most of the night.

Well....owing to the fact that we have shutters and wooden windows with glass inset, and also to the building being a good 40+ years old, there isn't a way to keep the window and shutters from rattling in the wind.  Nothing fits tight or close anymore.

I woke up around 7:30 and was convinced I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep.  I was worried about hubby going out later and if he would be okay.  Also worried about the 5 million pounds of dust I was surely inhaling while I slept.

Woke up again around 9 when hubby's alarm went off.  Also the window had blown open.  The "locking" mechanism on it is a little... worn and so it doesn't stay put for too long if there's enough wind.

Well.... it seems there is dust along with the wind, but not like the dust we had after I first got here.  That made the skies a horrible brownish color.  They are just kind of... very gray/dusty looking right now.

Winds roughly 30 miles per hour according to yahoo, though I think it's very likely we're getting gusts higher than that.  Hard for me to put a number on it.

It whips down the sides of the buildings and lashes against all of the trees around the apartment, banging them into the walls.

Also, it says it's 75 degrees!  I'm not sure I believe it, it still feels a bit chilly to me.

Definitely strange weather.

Hubby is at the apartment so I will update about that later.

No comments: