Monday, December 7, 2009

No ark just yet

I follow the weather forecast here, checking a few times a week, though these days there really isn't all that much variation.

I'd been looking the last few days and keeping track on the weather for today, as it said there was a 20% chance of rain.  I've seen that before in the forecast, a slim chance of rain, and it never happens, so I really wasn't expecting anything.  Particularly as I awoke to blue skies this morning.

But sure enough, a little after 3 p.m., it started pitter pattering outside.  Of course this required me to go out onto the back balcony and watch.

The skies still looked blue out the window while walking toward the balcony, which made it seem odd that it would be raining, but when I got outside and looked up I could see there was a big gray cloud overhead.

There were a few ladies in the building across the way who were dragging their laundry in off of the line so that it wouldn't get any more wet than it was.  Also... I have a feeling the rain is actually pretty dirty, and might leave your clothes dirtier than before you washed them!

I called hubby to see if it was raining at his work and it was.  He even saw a rainbow, though from the balcony I couldn't spot it.  That would have been just lovely.

The rain was short lived.  Less than 5 minutes.  But it was very refreshing and very welcome and it did cheer me up.

Needless to say, we are not building an ark just yet, but you never know, one of these days....

No comments: