Saturday, October 13, 2007

We got the rings

Well, we went out tonight to do several things.
We checked out the apartment that we'll be staying in for the next week insha'Allah.
Ahmed wanted to make sure about anything I wanted for the place.
Then we went and got rings. :D
Simple, silver, pretty. I'm very happy with them.

After that we were driving around trying to find some cookies that Ahmed's mom wanted for Eid, but the first bakery we went to was out of what we wanted, the second one didn't sell it, and the third one, I forget what it's called - Pfeffers or something like that - the place was packed full of people and we couldn't get waited on so we left after about ten minutes and came home.
I keep forgetting to bring my face mask with me when we go out to help with all the car exhaust. Walking isn't too bad but being in a car you get all kinds of muck and it tends to make me a wee bit nauseated.

There were several people tonight who I think were trying to beg money from me. Since I don't speak the language I'm not sure what they were saying, but I guess the signs for begging are fairly international. Ahmed was on the phone both times and didn't see the people asking me for whatever it was they wanted. I just raised my hands to them and shrugged my shoulders.

I'm still feeling like I'm coming down with a cold but insha'Allah I'll be better tomorrow.
When we got back from errands tonight, his mom made me a glass of water with lime in it and a bit of sugar. I guess for the vitamin c, though I'm not sure how much vitamin c is in one of those tiny limes. They're so cute. And yellow. They look like baby lemons.

Not sure if we'll stay up most of the night or not.
I wanted to go to Eid prayers in the morning (around 6 I think) but if I'm still not feeling well then I guess I'll stay home. I missed the Eid prayers last year because of work so I was really looking forward to going this year.

The mosquitos aren't too bad for me. I have four bites on my hands and one or two on my right foot. They don't particularly itch unless I'm rubbing at them, so I just try not to do that. lol

Okay, that's enough for now. I still have a backlog of stuff to post about but I'm tired and I guess that's enough for now.

No comments: