Monday, October 29, 2007

That many??

Alright, from the time I woke up (10:45 a.m.) until three hours later, there were no less than 9 carts passing by on our street that were all trying to buy people's old junk. Nine in three hours!!!
Ahmed and I laugh sometimes at the noise. We'll be laying in bed, just lazy and half sleeping.
And some noise will just make us laugh because it's so loud. It's become a joke, what will the next noise be?

Some of the noises that we hear on our street/in the near vicinity (this will change based on what neighborhood you live in, but will, I assume, be fairly similar in most neighborhoods)

cars
mopeds
motorcycles
car horns
moped horns
children running
children screaming
men talking
the donkey carts (selling or buying)
car horns
the gas man who bangs on the empty metal gas canisters (for the kitchen) to let you know he is there and you can buy
arabic music from someone's apartment being played very loudly
hammering
car horns
a bird that sounds like a slide whistle (someone's pet)
empty glass bottles (rattling around) being picked up at the corner grocery store
men arguing
babies crying
car horns
an electric drill
the quran being played loudly in a store or someone's apartment
a siren
another bird that doesn't sound like a slide whistle (again, someone's pet)
car horns
did I mention car horns?
The call to prayer (this happens five times a day)
car radios playing very loudly
oh yeah, and car horns

I know there are some sounds that I'm missing but that's all I can think of at the moment. If I can think of any more I'll add them in another post.

It's 10 p.m. now and I guess we're off to get some dinner and then go home and watch a movie insha'Allah.

See you all tomorrow insha'Allah.

No comments: