Friday, October 26, 2007

Is it Friday?

Funny how the days seem to pass when you're on vacation. If I wasn't looking at the computer right now I'd have no idea what the date was.

At another internet cafe, but this one, blessedly, has a working keyboard where every single one of the letters works! Alhamdulillah. lol

Ahmed was just talking with the manager here and trying to see if he could get a line put over at our apartment. It's across the street and about half a block down, and I'm not sure how they would manage it, but Ahmed knows I'm not happy about having to come to a net cafe every time I want to use a computer, so he's trying his best to fix it and make me happy.
=) (does that make me sound horribly spoiled or what?? lol)

Didn't do much today. This is actually the first time I left the house (it's now 7 p.m. ish). Ahmed went out earlier and got some fish and calamari. I ate some of the fish, which was okay, but I didn't want any of the calamari. He had me try some yesterday that was battered and fried? But I can't say I cared for it and figured even if the stuff today was cooked differently, it would probably still be rubbery. Who knows, maybe I missed out on the best calamari I could have ever had.

I will have to make a post here soon about the noise. You wouldn't believe how loud it is here. 24/7. It makes San Francisco seem like the countryside. lol
It's really amazing. I'm sure I'll miss all the sounds when I get back home. The signs of life.
But there are times when I really wish I could turn the volume down on it all.
Anyways, post about noise to come soon.

Not sure what we'll do tomorrow. I really want to go shopping for scarves. We might go to the library which we didn't get to the other day.
But it's also the weekend here (their weekend is Friday and Saturday), so some places are closed or have different hours because of the weekend.
But, definitely don't want to spend another day inside, though I needed it today.
Some days you just need a day to be as lazy as humanly possible ya know?
=)

Alright, I think we're off to walk along the sea.
Hope everyone reading this is well.
love to you all

1 comment:

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

Calimari is always like eating rubber bands, despite the breading. When I was in Spain it was really big, but I never could develop a taste for it. Not sure what people see in it at all. Hope you're enjoying the rest of the food.
Jane