Monday, April 26, 2010

So then

It appears that in order for me to make the blog available to only those who log in, I need to enter their email addresses.  Which means you need to give me the email address that you want to log in with.

After messing about with the settings and inviting myself, I've come to discover that you need a Google account (g-mail email address?) to log in with, which means if you don't have one that you would need to get one.

I'm wondering if this is more complicated than it needs to be?  I know most of the people reading this have a g-mail address, but maybe not all.

:::

Finally found some raisins here.  Not exactly like the SunMaid type in the States, but close.  One kind is from Turkey and they are similar in color, and the other kind are made from red grapes, so they have a red tint to them, very pretty.  Not sure if they are local or also imported.

In any case, I used the raisins to make some oatmeal raisin bars which hubby quite likes and also to make some applesauce raisin bread.  Which we both like, though I think I put a few too many chocolate chips in, as I was a bit too wired feeling after having a slice.  lol

:::

Oh, also found some decent looking broccoli at our nearby store a couple of days ago, so planning to cook that up with some zucchini tonight.  Going to try fudging together a simple white sauce to go with them.  We'll see how that goes.

I haven't had broccoli since I moved here over a year ago.  Ditto for corn.  Well, wait, I think I might have had something at the in-laws that had corn meal, though not exactly like eating straight corn.

And although I don't care to eat yogurt plain, I decided that it's quite tolerable if mixed with cut up cucumber and eaten that way, which I plan to do a little more regularly. 

It's so easy to get lazy and eat a lot of grains in the daily food intake, and we really need more greens, so I'm trying to find easy ways to get them in.

It's also difficult at times to get some decent looking ones from the grocery, and the carts that sell fresh veggies and fruits are often picked over by the time hubby gets home from work, so we might try going before he heads off to work some mornings to get a better choice.

Who knew vegetables could be so exciting?  lol

No comments: