Friday, April 23, 2010

Just like elections

Well, I've made a decision of sorts, but all 3 of you who read this get to vote on which direction it goes.  lol

I'm still going to write here, but one of two things will happen.

Either you will need to log in with your email and a password to see the posts, or i will email them to anyone who is interested in keeping up with the blog.

There are some things I would like to share that are maybe a bit too personal for a public blog, and this lets me be a little more free if I know who is reading.

So, leave comments or email me or let me know in some fashion what you think.   Would you prefer to log in when you come to the site or would you prefer me spamming up your email inbox?

*** edited to add:  it doesn't have to be just one way or the other.  I'm leaning towards default as log in to view, but anyone who wanted an email could get one if they didn't want to do the log in thing.  

:::

The air here has a very peculiar smell.  I guess everywhere you go in the world there is a distinct smell to the air.

The smell here is really quite reminiscent of barbecue.  Which seems odd, but if you smelled it, perhaps you would agree.

I don't mean it smells like there's a couple of juicy steaks on the grill, I mean it smells like the barbecue itself, with the coals or whatever other fuel you have burning.

Kind of strange.  But I've come to associate the smell with being here, and I suppose I like it in some sense.

I'm sure it's combination of car exhaust and factory exhaust and other things that are unhealthy, but I always just kind of block that out in my head and enjoy it for what it is, which is the smell of barbecue.

6 comments:

anna said...

i could go either way but would probably prefer email. right now i have it set up in my rss reader so i'm used to it coming to me. and i'm lazy. :)

Marcouiller Trimble said...

logging in i think? i don't know really. just let us know what we need to do. :)

Melissa said...

I hear you on the lazy thing. lol

The only thing that I like that I think would suffer if I did emails is the comments. I think it's easier to make comments in a little form like on here, than someone having to email me a comment. I think we're all kind of lazy to a point.
And I like that the commenters can interact to a degree, which would also be lost with just emails.
Unless there's some system I don't know about that would enable that.

Shari said...

Either way works for me, Melis, as if I have anything personal to say I always email you anyway. I check your blog spot several times a day and it's easy to log in to make a comment.

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

I'd rather log in because with email and my slow connection, I might not be able to see the photos.
Jane

Dad said...

I prefer a log in with a password for the same reason "Hoot Owl" would. I like your posted photos and I like to see others' comments.

Love, Dad