Saturday, July 4, 2009

2 weeks!

Still not much happening.
We went out yesterday, hoping to go to a movie, but all the theaters we walked to downtown had only Arabic movies, which of course, doesn't work very well for me.
There are other theaters downtown I am sure, but not in the area we were in. Downtown is actually kind of confusing, as it's really large and really spread out and there doesn't seem to be any kind of order to it that I have been able to tell as of yet.
Hubby said it took him quite some time to know it as well as he does.

Anyways, we ended up walking around a bunch and I had to keep reminding hubby that we weren't in a marathon. lol
It was pretty hot out and I couldn't see any reason to be walking fast.
We stopped by a grocery store called Metro. It's a chain and kind of intermediate in size. We were looking for baking soda, which we did not find, but we did buy a bunch of other stuff. :D
They had some fresh baked bread items that were verrrrry yummy!
Little baby croissants right from the oven.

Still reading the Harry Potter books in preparation for the movie coming out in two weeks. I'm on the book now that is the same as the movie that will come out, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
I have taken several opportunities to remind hubby that I want to go see the movie. Just want to make sure he doesn't forget! Which is not likely to happen at this point. I hope. lol

Also starting to learn how to use Microsoft Access. Woo.
I decided to make a database of some stuff and so hubby suggested using Access, so I'm using Microsoft's online tutorials. We'll see how that goes.

Jane, I'm not sure how my MIL manages the cooking in this heat, particularly since she leaves the kitchen window closed since there's no screen and she doesn't want to let flies in. She has an itty bitty fan that sits on top of the fridge and doesn't do much that I can tell. I walked into the kitchen this morning and it was like a sauna!!! But... she's a trooper. Every day she starts off the morning getting things out and together and any prep work needed and then later in the afternoon does the actual cooking.

Londi, there is a cool season here but it's not like we had where I lived in the States. From what I have been told, in the coldest part of the year, it's quite freezing indoors, because of the way the buildings are built, even though it might be nicer and not as cold out of doors.
I think it rarely gets down to freezing, but maybe in the 40's at night, which is still pretty cold. I think daytime temps are in the 50's to 60's. And that's for December through February or so.
However, when I was here on my first trip in 2007, I was still here in the first part of November, and there were days in the 80's and 90's.


Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend.

No comments: