Friday, July 10, 2009

Wednesday (on Friday)

Well, it was 5 kids not 4.
And my father in law let everyone in the house while I was still in my pajamas on the couch.
The guests showed up a couple of hours earlier than they were expected and so I wasn't ready and I was pretty mortified to be caught looking rather unkempt by family members that I had never met before.
I'm not sure why my FIL opened the door for everyone without warning.
I went back into the bedroom and kind of hid out for a while and tried not to be too upset.
When I came back out, minus tears, I was feeling some better but just wish the day could have started in a better way.

I have to say, I've never cared much for other people's children, mainly because I find them to be very ill behaved. I'm not sure why parents don't teach their children any manners. If it's because they're lazy or they don't care or they think it's cute that their children terrorize everyone around them.

I made some small conversation with the young girl, who is 12 I believe. She doesn't know much English and I don't know much Arabic, so we couldn't talk too much, but we are now friends on Facebook.

The rest of the boys, who were all younger except one of them who went to sleep or something in one of the bedrooms, did not speak English, so there was no conversation there, only me watching them and listening to conversations in Arabic.

It is now 2:49 and I guess they have been here for about 3 hours or so. I'm taking a break back in the bedroom with the door closed and actually writing this in a text file to save for tomorrow's (Wednesdays) post.

My SIL should be home sometime around 3, and hubby should be home around 4.

I'm tired and worn out and although my MIL is making a lot of good food in the kitchen, where she has been since very early this morning, I'm not sure how I'm feeling about lunch.

I feel bad for my MIL. It's very hot in the kitchen and she's been busy frying up a storm and the oven is on as well and she got less than 2 hours sleep.
I'd offer to help but she doesn't take help in the kitchen so I don't know what else I can do.

Anyways, I guess I better get back out there soon or it will be seen as rude.


Alright, it's Friday now.

My MIL made so much food there are still a little bit of leftovers. She made the rice stuffed in sausage casings and then fried, the rice with garlic and fried bread, 3 small chickens, breaded and fried thin steaks, some kind of cubed/stewed steak, soup, some kind of rice that is more plain, cow knees in tomato sauce and a noodle casserole that had ground beef/tomato suace in the middle.

My favorite is the garlic rice. I love garlic.

The littlest boy that was here, aged 3, has very strong lungs. I'll leave it at that.


Finished reading the Harry Potter series and am rather sad now that it's done. I read them in just under 3 weeks! And now I'm searching for some other items to read. Just trying to decide. I spent so much time reading in the past few weeks that without something to read now I feel something's missing.
Not sure when we will see the movie. It comes out on Wednesday but I don't think we'll go til Friday. At least, I hope we'll go.

Hubby wants to go see the Transformers movie this evening at 7.
He is supposed to be out looking for apartments at the moment.
He told me before leaving for prayers (at about 1 p.m.) that his cousin and her daughter were coming over at 6 and so lunch would be late today (after they got here).
I can't eat lunch after 6 and then make a movie at 7, so I am not sure what I'll do. I just had some little munchies and so maybe that will just have to last.

Still haven't managed to bake anything. At this point I've rather given up on the idea until we move out. Sometimes it's like trying to move mountains here to get things done.

Trying to chill out and relax at the inlaws but having a hard time. The sooner we move out, the better for my sanity. Nothing wrong with my inlaws of course. We've just been here for 2 months now and that's 2 months longer than I thought we would be and you know even though they are nice people, I married my hubby to live with him, not his whole family. lol
If we are still here at Ramadan, I'm pretty sure I will snap.

I'm looking forward to planting the seeds my mom sent me, whenever me get our place. Of course, that's a bit of a task as we need to get pots and dirt. It could take some time.
But, I'm excited about growing some stuff.
Hubby has a friend coming from Kuwait in a few days and I'm still hopeful he'll be able to get me some seeds for lemon/tangerine type trees. Dwarf trees. Can't be growing a 20 foot tall tree in a pot on a balcony. lol
But, I have seeds for lavender, rosemary, catnip and several kinds of marigold.
Should be a riot of smells.
I'm not sure about the right time to plant stuff here but I guess I'll figure it out.

Haven't taken the camera out at all lately. Mom hasn't made much of any type of new foods, and I don't really get out of the house much.
Even if we go out tonight, it will be dark by the time we get out of the movie, so no pictures.

2 comments:

Hoot Owl Hollow Nursery said...

I'm not sure how you've made it this long in someone else's house. I know the times we visited Seth's Swanson grandparents when they were living in Spain and Ireland, after a week I was ready to snap. They were very nice people, but like your situation, I was left with nothing that I had to do and no control over when things would happen. I don't think grown-ups are meant to live that way - just not normal. Hopefully you'll have your own place soon.
As far as your seeds, since you'll be growing them in pots and you don't have freezing weather there, you can plant them any time. You can also just use seeds from any lemon or orange because growing them in a pot will effectively bonsai the tree and it will be many years before it will outgrow a gallon pot.
Jane

Melissa said...

I'm not quite sure how I've managed this long either, though recently I have been spending more time in the bedroom with the door closed.
lol
Thanks for the info re planting! I can't wait to get started.