Saturday, July 18, 2009

Is it time yet?

So, is 40 too young to have the mid-life crisis? lol
I guess so.
We'll see.

After the excitement of finding an apartment, I've settled back into my daily routine, which is quite dull.
I'm really looking forward to moving, and having more to occupy myself with.

Not sure if we're going to the movie or not tonight. The theater we wanted to go to isn't showing Harry Potter so we might go see a movie tomorrow night instead, since it's close to movie starting time for any other theater.
Er... meaning, the movies all start at the same times in most theaters. 6 is one of those times, and it's 4:30 now and hubby isn't home yet.

Hot and humid today. Gross. A/C, where are you???!!!!

Here's the lemon squares. I'm so glad they were so well received by the family.
Also, they taste even better when chilled on a hot day. :D



My hubby's grandma lives here at the in-laws, and she is mostly blind and so kind of sits and listens to the radio all day.
This morning while I was eating breakfast, I could swear I heard bagpipes playing on her radio, and I got so excited as I love the sound of them.
I was thinking to myself, wow, I wonder how many Egyptians even know what bagpipes sound like? lol
Well, a couple minutes later I heard something that sounded very similar to bagpipes, and then wasn't sure about what I heard before.
Was it bagpipes or not?
Hmmm....
I hope so. There's something so lovely about that sound, and I think everyone should hear them. At least once.
What I wouldn't give to see a bagpiper walking down the street here and making enough noise for everyone to hear. That would be a sight I tell you!

All in all, it's just another day right?

2 comments:

LONDI said...

Lemon squares in a round pan makes them lemon rounds, does it not? LOL! Anyway, they are wonderul. Lemon anything is wonderful. "Amazing Grace" played on the bagpipes makes me cry.

Londi

Melissa said...

Yeah, I thought about lemon rounds too. lol
And I agree about Amazing Grace on the bagpipes, it is SO lovely!