Monday, July 27, 2009

A fish!

Not much going on here the last couple of days except high heat and higher humidity. It never did cool down last night, and with humidity over 70%, it felt like I was under water.
Generally the humidity goes down when the heat goes up, but I guess August is the worst month in terms of weather here, not that July has been a picnic, and we are coming up on the eighth month rather quickly.

We're supposed to be going out tonight to look at mattresses. And checking out a new furniture store that is opening that is owned by a friend of hubby's brother. Insha'Allah we can find some things tonight.

The a/c should be getting installed sometime this week, but I don't know when. Perhaps Wednesday or so.


Not related to Egypt, but something that excites me, is food/cooking websites. I love reading new recipes and imagining the tastes. It's a virtual feast that doesn't make my hips grow any bigger! lol
My favorite site for a while has been Smitten Kitchen. She has a great sense of humor and there's so many recipes that I want to try from her site. I still haven't finished reading back through all the past entries, and she has a searchable recipe index as well so you can take a glance if you're looking for something in particular.

Well.... as much as I love Smitten Kitchen, I found a site yesterday that has me so excited!! Smitten tends to be a little bit "foody", which is fine, but not entirely accessible while living in Egypt if you know what I mean. Ingredients are not always so easy to find here. But this new site, wow! All the recipes seem fairly simple and they all look delicious and hearty and there's many healthy recipes on there as well. I've been going through the site and copying down the recipes that I want to try and it looks like I won't run out of options for a very long while.
Here's the site - For The Love of Cooking. I'm just really excited about this site and I know several others who like to cook so I thought I would share about the site here.

Off to watch Mall Cop on the computer. For better or worse. lol

3 comments:

Shari said...

Thanks for the 2 cooking websites. While I have scads of cookbooks, these days I usually just "google" a recipe, so these 2 sites will come in handy. Many of them have a print option; if they don't, I cut and paste into a Word document and print. Hot here - s'posed to be 100 again today. Talked to Virginia yesterday. She'll flying up on Aug 8 and will be here for a week. I got 5 tix to see "42nd Street" and Renie will be joining us as she dances for exercise and asked if she could come too. Dad talked to Jake yesterday and his response was "cool." lol Still waiting to hear from Dr.Held re sleep apnea.
--Love, Mom

Londi said...

I hate to cook!! Not like your mom who loves it. I will avoid it all costs! We are having a horrid heat wave here. It's supposed to be 93 here today and the humidity is 78%. By Wed. it will be 98 and high humidity again. That's really uusual for Seattle. We are baking! Been all over trying to find a portable air conditioner, to no avail. I will look at your cooking sites. I like them, even though I hate to cook.

Melissa said...

Sounds like it's hot everywhere!